Caller ID photo - poor quality

marko358

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have issues with your contact photo being of very poor quality when you are making/taking a call? Is there a setting that I need to tweak?

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is because the photo is probably being pulled from your gmail contacts and not your local phone contacts. I've noticed the same - it's pretty ugly like a few other visuals that Android has.

marko358

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This is because the photo is probably being pulled from your gmail contacts and not your local phone contacts. I've noticed the same - it's pretty ugly like a few other visuals that Android has.

But the photo for my wife is one I took with the EVO. I'd expect that one to be crisp.

idesofmarch

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I was about to make a thread about this. I also hate the fact that it does this...it's pretty annoying

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I seem to get mixed results.

The ones from Facebook for the most part are OK. But any that I've created using photos from Flickr or whatever seem to be really low resolution and look bad as a thumbnail, but when it's blown up for caller ID it's very pixelated.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
My photos are great. They are pulled from Facebook. But those photos are quality image uploads anyway. Its hard to make something look good that started out bad.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
its an android or sense thing. this also happened on my Hero. it seems to me that it uses the icon on the call screen and not the actual image. if that makes sense. in other words -- it takes the photo or image you select for the contact and makes a small little icon to associate to the contact. then when you are speaking with that contact it references that tiny icon which then looks distorted when blown up. as opposed to referencing the larger photo you originally set.

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
its an android or sense thing. this also happened on my Hero. it seems to me that it uses the icon on the call screen and not the actual image. if that makes sense. in other words -- it takes the photo or image you select for the contact and makes a small little icon to associate to the contact. then when you are speaking with that contact it references that tiny icon which then looks distorted when blown up. as opposed to referencing the larger photo you originally set.

Exactly what I am getting. This is my first Android device, so I have no idea whether this is just a Sense thing or what. It would seem to me that there is a simple software fix to this (point to the source image instead of the thumbnail assigned to the contact).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech