How many hours of battery life do you average on a full EVO charge?

How many hours of battery life do you average on a full EVO charge?

• Total voters

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
There are dozens of threads about battery life tips and issues, but let's find out how many hours we are really averaging.

If possible please tell us the predicted battery life that Battery Left Widget shows when you are fully charged. The Battery Left app takes a couple days to learn your usage but then seems to be very accurate.

attachment.php

So how many hours of battery life do you average?

Screenshots would be great. Here is my Shootme screenshot showing that at at 52% I can expect 4:15 remining. That works out to 8:10 for a full charge and about what I average. I am still constantly playing with my new toy so my average will go up.

Please also take the companion poll "Are Battery Issues related to Hardware Version?"

Thanks!

[EDIT] If you are over 10 hours please tell us how many hours.

Last edited:

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Well it is pretty obvious that I needed to move the scale up a bit.

For the vast majority so far getting over 10 hours, how many hours are you getting?

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Battery life has been great for me ever since i removed data heavy widgets and use advance task killer pro's auto kill feature.

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
17 hours from midnight last night till today and that's with watch World Cup on Sprint TV for about 1/2 a game....yeah definitely need to move the scale of the poll up

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well it is pretty obvious that I needed to move the scale up a bit.

For the vast majority so far getting over 10 hours, how many hours are you getting?

I'd say 14-16 hours would be the average work day (not using it as much if say I was out and about on the weekend), then you can go drastically either way depending on how much/what you use.

If I know I can charge if needed or have a spare battery and and essentially use whatever (a little YouTube, browsing, texting, calls, misc apps, email) I still get 8-10 hours pretty easily. The only thing that will really sap the battery would be a long 3D game, Navigation, or 4G/poor coverage.

If I absolutely need to conserve battery and pretty much layoff the phone save a few texts and calls, then it's up over 20 hours. Didn't want it to die while I was sleeping so I charged before that. May have gone longer.

I think the perception on the battery being super bad comes from a few things:

1. The battery life was terrible the first few days from launch. I know Li+ batteries don't need conditioning, but be it the hardware or the battery, something corrected itself over the first week or so. I berated the battery early as it basically died on me the first day in a little over 4 hours, but it got significantly better.

2. People erroneously extrapolate non-linear discharge of the battery to determine battery life. They see it drop 20% in two hours and assume that means they battery will only last 10 hours. Li+ batteries don't work that way.

3. Bad hardware/bad apps. I'm sure there were some bad units out there. And I've personally experience a few apps that left running idle can drain the battery in a hurry. The biggest evidence is the phone running hot when idling on your desk. Something is running and likely taxing one of the radios.

4. Some people are unfamiliar with these types of phones and expect too much. Yes, that's subjective, but there's only so much that can be done with current battery tech.

Oh, and I don't run any task killers or any other special tweaks to try and conserve juice. I do turn off GPS, 4G/WiFi when I'm not using it, but that's it.

aimzmarie

May 9, 2010
Visit site
today i ran a battery test because over the weekend i got 24 hours with light usage.

my battery lasted me 10.5 hours today with moderate web browsing, texting, and several phone calls, picture texting and sending. i also did an hour of video chat over qik and two hours of music from stock htc music player. i had wifi on about 50% of the day and live in an area that has really bad reception. i have an airave at home and spent most of this past weekend at home. i am assuming that is why my battery lasted 24 hours.

everything seems to be totally normal with my phone except that my phone is forever awake. i've read that some people have solved this by doing a factory reset....is there any other options? i really don't want to do a factory reset...i have everything finally set up! :(

Last edited:

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I get about 12-14 hours everyday. I dont use any battery widgets. I do use Juice Plotter and it has been pretty spot on. I tend to get OCD with my battery if I have a widget. I had Battery Life by curvefish and it was great, but was driving me insane at the same time. LOL :eek:

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ran my own official test yesterday, with somewhat heavy usage (at least for me) and got 16 hours before I was at 15%, and I continued to use the phone for an additional 45 minutes or so before I finally went to bed....

Under "normal" usage, I am sure that the phone will last me through the entire day just fine, I am no longer worried about battery life.

sprintgirl

Apr 25, 2010
forum.ppcgeeks.com
I get through a full day on my fully charged battery. My gmail and hotmail auto push and I get 8-10 emails a day, 5-6 calls a day and very few texts if ever. I do not have my location or 4G on but I do use my bluetooth to stream music all day at work. I just charge at night when I go to bed and of course it charges some when I am hooked to the computer for flashing but otherwise I do not use any battery monitors, enhancers, or task killers and the phone performs better than my expectations.

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
WOW! It looks like there are only a few getting bad battery life! With all the post I would have expected more votes on the lower numbers. Just goes to show that the ones with the problems make the most noise :). Anyway I have no complaints about battery I am getting all day plus some out of mine and it is WAY better than my Pre was

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I average right around 10hrs during a work day (more when Im off because my wife whines that Im ignoring her lol), thats with relatively heavy usage and I keep my screen brightness on auto which seems to eat alot of battery. I have a spare battery with me so I dont sweat it

Lupevalenz#AC

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Why is the battery life options so low? I'm getting around 16 Hours of battery life and I consider myself a poweruser. (Always listening to music/podcast/audible over BT, twittering, text, RSS reading, browsing web)

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I feel liter that widget is inaccurate. Also, I hate battery widgets because you modify your usage depending on what it says.

I get anywhere from 10 to 15 hours depending on usage.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've never actually ran out of juice. I take the phone off of the charger at around 8 am and put it back on around 10 pm. At that point I normally have anywhere from 15-30 percent left.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I easily get 10+ hrs every day.

I easily get 10+ hrs every day.

On top of that , I get pretty poor signal quality when at work. Some areas get full bars, other areas are essentially zero signal. Its the building construction of our place. Should see the damage it does to AT&T phones. :)

Wifi ON - not set to search
GPS on
Bluetooth off
Brightness at about 35%
Weather checks at default times.
Email checks at default speeds
I use MixZing on the way to and from work. (About 45 minutes total)
Occasionally use pandora
Tons of texting
Quite a lot of browsing the web with DolphinHD
~20 minutes of phone calls a day
Games are hit and miss depending if I have down time.
5-10 photos a day from camera (Nearly 600 photos on this guy, gettting annoying to browse at this point)