No Connection in Gmail

jalba3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have tried to uncheck "Sync gmail" and recheck it after saving the option but i continue to read "No Connection" on my gmail app and when I click retry it still comes with the same error. I have tried clearing the cache and restarting the phone.

What is weird, is that my school email which has a google domain (google apps correct?) works perfectly fine. I have tried sending emails to my self from a hotmail account, but again only my school email work but not my actual gmail.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

jalba3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Both accounts. I can switch between both accounts but in my actual gmail account I can't view any conversation under any label. It states no connection. This has been both under 3G and WiFi.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Did it ever work, which account was the first one added to the phone?

In Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync, do you see both accounts there, as well is Background Data & Auto-Sync checked?

jalba3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Both accounts are there. Gmail only has gmail sync while my school email has contacts, calendar, and gmail sync. Background data and Auto-Sync are enabled.
The last resort would be removing the account but that requires a factory reset...

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Both accounts are there. Gmail only has gmail sync while my school email has contacts, calendar, and gmail sync. Background data and Auto-Sync are enabled.
The last resort would be removing the account but that requires a factory reset...

I think you can just remove it in Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync, select your google account on then on the next screen at the bottom it should say remove account. I think you should be able to do this without a factory reset.

Have you changed gmail passwords by chance?

jalba3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Removing the account forces me to do a factory reset. I don't get why since my school email was the email I set up my phone with. And the password has not been changed. I'm able to log in both through my mobile browser and desktop

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ah, OK I just went through the steps and saw that, maybe because you use that for market or something? I'm not sure.

This is really strange. I wonder if it could be a setting on the gmail side of things?

jalba3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well i did a factory reset and it worked for several minutes. Now when I go to gallery, select a 3 pictures to send via gmail. That email stays in the outbox and never gets sent. Also this triggered the problem again as i saw the No connection and was unable to access any message under gmail. Have there been others that report the issue with sending pictures via gmail? My hotmail has been working flawlessly though :/

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the native gmail app or mail setup with your gmail?

I sent one email with 9 images today, actually screen shots of my home screens.

Have you checked your settings on gmail.com? And do you have any persistent connection open to your gmail in any other location? (outlook using IMAP, etc.)?

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issue but I use two different email addresses on the same google apps domain. One works, the other keeps saying "No Connection".
I notice my Gmail Unread widget works to notify me I have unread email but I get "no connection" once I open the gmail app.
I am also able to check and send mail from the gmail mobile page.
No Password change.
It must be a problem with the gmail app itself, not the configuration.
I tried Settings >> Applications >> Gmail >> Clear Data in application settings. No luck.
Rebooting does nothing.
Tried wifi and 3G independently, same problem.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Usually the no connection means you are in a poor signal or low WiFi area.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC