Notification shade :(

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I don't get why this is hard. It was more difficult on the Pre. Just start from ABOVE the screen, and swipe down just a tiny bit below the top bar, and it'll slide all the way down.

oddlou

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The only way I can do what the OP suggests as being common is to purposely do it- that is, I have to press my clock widget until it activates, then actually drag it all the way to the trash. OP, have you tried a simple swipe from off the screen to just on the screen then removing your finger?? You know you don't have to drag the shade all the way down?

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The only way I can do what the OP suggests as being common is to purposely do it- that is, I have to press my clock widget until it activates, then actually drag it all the way to the trash. OP, have you tried a simple swipe from off the screen to just on the screen then removing your finger?? You know you don't have to drag the shade all the way down?

QFT. I have no idea how you could accidentally remove a widget while opening the notification area. You have to hold your finger still to activate a widget. Opening the notification area requires no such stopping. Maybe the OP was doing it wrong? Did you think you needed to hold your finger still over the top bar?

Even if it lags there's no reason to hold still, just swipe and it will catch up.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've not once had a problem opening a widget instead of the notifications screen. Maybe I'm lucky.

As far as comparing to the Pre, that seems a little silly. Yes, if the EVO had a screen as small as the Pre's it would be much easier to use one-handed. But then we wouldn't have this great screen. You could just as easily say the Pre would be harder to one-hand if it had a much bigger screen.

You can't have everything. (Where would you put it?)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams