Notification shade :(

Predator-1

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of a better way to open the notification area on the Evo? The drag down shade thing is just ridiculous! This has to be the single worst Android feature there is. I can't count how many times i have removed my clock widget by mistake trying to open the notification area. Why not have a way to just click a button without trying to be cute? The pull down shade thing just SUCKS and i would appreciate any help making this easier...

skullsdontfade

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't get what's so hard. Put ur finger on the HTC logo on the upper left corner and drag down.

Edit: to be more specific, start your finger off the actual screen.

Edit 2: I use the left corner because I come from webos. Any part off the top of the screen works...

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i love the shade. seems like a lot of unnecessary bitching about a quick swipe down and a notification area that barely takes up any pixels.

Minx

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't get what's so hard. Put ur finger on the HTC logo on the upper left corner and drag down.

Edit 2: I use the left corner because I come from webos. Any part off the top of the screen works...

That's right...I had the same problem, opening the clock, until I realized you do have to start off the screen.

Predator-1

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

It's hot hard... The lag is the problem. The notification area lags when opening so i select the clock widget by mistake and drag it down to the remove spot. The long press for selecting widgets responds a lil faster than the notification area...

Also, the EVO is not always a one-handed device. If it was smaller, draggin down with your thumb would be super easy. To keep from dropping it, i have to hold it with one hand and drag with the other. Now, I wouldn't trade the screen size for the world but that's just one more thing the Pre had an advantage in

Predator-1

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
i love the shade. seems like a lot of unnecessary bitching about a quick swipe down and a notification area that barely takes up any pixels.

Seem like unnecessary bitching about bitching. I was askin for a solution and being kinda civil about it. If you can't help, then STFU!

Predator-1

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Thx dude! I'll try that out!

skullsdontfade

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you man, I haven't any issues opening the bar. I don't have that lag that you're talking about unless its an installing app, even then its super minor.

Predator-1

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if the lag is caused by something running in the background. Im gonna try killin some of the background stuff to see if that helps...

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It takes about .75 to 1 second of placing your finger (stationary) to select a widget to move it. If you're accidentally removing your clock widget, I don't think lag is the issue. If it's THAT bad, you can move the widget away from the upper screen area.

Predator-1

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It takes about .75 to 1 second of placing your finger (stationary) to select a widget to move it. If you're accidentally removing your clock widget, I don't think lag is the issue. If it's THAT bad, you can move the widget away from the upper screen area.

Kinda like where the clock is. Lol! I've been doing what someone else suggested, pressing the menu button/notifications... Works fine

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Each OS has it's strengths and weaknesses. webOS has an awesome notification system. Android (my opinion) is a VERY close second. Android phones (the newer ones, especially EVO and Incredible) have very little to no lag in operation.

I'm getting rid of my Pre because of lackluster hardware (which is the main culprit for lag). I will be celebrating the purchase of me EVO in a week or two. :)

bennish

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

HA! same, i came from webos, i love the shade. start with ur finger OFF the screen, drag it ONTO the screen. Same way we webos-ers used to get menu and phone info menus. Dead easy.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The swype action to bring down the notifications is so fast there is no way I can remove a widget performing the action. From the top of the screen to the point where I release takes about a tenth of a second. To hold down on a widget to remove it takes a pause of several times that long.

I suspect if you find you are doing that a lot you are pausing too long on the drag motion. Try a very rapid movement from the top of the phone to about one inch down. If that still does not work, it may be a defective screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel