[Poll] How many folks with short-life batteries use a different charger

Battery performance and charger type.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
How many folks with short-life batteries use a different charger

i found this dead horse and i wanna beat it.

hey folks. how many of you guys out there are using a charger that isn't the stock HTC charger? something from your Pre or other phone or some other wall charger? and then how many of you guys are seeing poor battery life?

i use the stock charger and weaker wall chargers at the office and my GF's house. with the two other wall chargers the battery charges up to 100% and it does it pretty quick, but i think it's a false reading. the chargers are weaker than the stock charger and on my Hero the weaker chargers took longer to charge my Hero which made sense. what is getting me is that these weaker chargers seem to be charging the phone just as fast or faster than the stronger stock charger. now this is important because then the battery drains insanely quick after using one of these weaker chargers which leads me to believe the phone is showing a false reading.

any other theories welcome.

Last edited:

JCrater11#AC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use my Powermat Charger with the Micro USB adapter. It works really well and stops charging once the battery has reached max capacity.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
you need a 5 Volt/1 Amp Charger. many of the shiitty cheap chargers are not 1 Amp.

Roger that. The two weaker ones are 800 mA. I guess the direction I was going is to try and figure out if the phone is displaying a full charge before it is actually at a full charge.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Lower amperage mainly means the battery will take longer to charge, as long as it is five volts. That is the USB standard.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Roger that. The two weaker ones are 800 mA. I guess the direction I was going is to try and figure out if the phone is displaying a full charge before it is actually at a full charge.

The charge indicator merely converts the voltage of the battery to a percentage, 100% being 4.2V.

It doesn't matter how fast or slow it charges, full is full.

And I just pulled a fully charged battery and got a reading of 4.177V using a meter, and the Evo is reads 4.201V, but that small variance isn't indicative of everything.

My Evo, at least, is reporting the battery correctly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech