Shake to Wake App?

qu1nn

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
BUMP.

i was just thinking that this would be a good application in light of the cracked molding!

i guess it would be good as long as people dont start launching them (like the wii controller)

qu1nn

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about how much I hate hitting that power button every time too.
Shake to wake would prob suck over time though. Would stay awake in your pocket as you walked.
Without having a better button layout any apps for this would prob keep the phone awake

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
"no lock" also allows volume button wake-up ... I think shake-to-wake would need to be supported by the hardware directly, otherwise big battery drain from an app.

DANO7024

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I use No Lock from the App Store. Lets you use the volume key to wake up the phone and bypasses the lock screen. Been using it and doesn't seem to drain the battery at all.

mkjarvis5

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah he/she is right with no lock it allows you to open your phone with out he power button..... and plus depending on how sensitive your g sensitivity is if your shaking the phone all crazy like... you may mess your phone up

Ha Chickee Pitah

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Ripple Lock (free) from the app market. It has a "Honeycomb style" unlocker. It also allows you to set the apps you can launch to, (like go directly to the internet, or to the camera, or to text messages, etc).

It allows you to pull down the notification bar while the phone is still locked, and it allows you to wake the phone up with the volume button.

It also displays your carrier, the date/time, and your battery level/status. Pretty nice, imo.

oncesir

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Screebl user here which helps the screen stay unlocked in the event Im actually using the phone and I dont want the phone to sleep. Im gonna give the 2 listed above a try. Thanks.

JeroenenFrank

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
THANKS!!! many many many THANKS! this is a great app together with a lock screen app.... my power button is broke.... cracked my iconia open and booted it... then installed the unlock screen app.... now i use the volume button to wake my tab....