I use yahoo as my primary email account and am tempted to start forwarding my yahoo to gmail for the push. I am already using gmail for contacts and calendar, just never changed my email out. I tried k9 out but was still unable to get yahoo to push.....so.

How often do some of you have your download email frequency set at?

Peak times
    Off peak times

And how is your battery holding up.

Any feedback is appreciated,

Thanks
    06-23-2010 08:24 AM
    I have 2 AOL accounts and 1 gmail account. I have all 3 set up for every 10 mins, everyday, peak and non peak. Not sure how if affects my battery as I can do about 7am - 9pm before it fully dies with heavy use of the phone.
    06-23-2010 08:46 AM
    I have k-9 checking my personal mail account via IMAP IDLE push, and I leave it running all the time. Last night I went to bed with 99% battery, I woke up this morning with 92%. I leave wi-fi running.
    06-23-2010 09:22 AM
    Yes I use K9 with my Gmail account and love the app, however yahoo just isnt doing it for me unless I turn polling on.

Wow you have all 3 accounts checking every 10 min. Very cool to hear and you are still getting a decent battery life. I guess my one account checking every 30 min shouldnt be too much of an impact on my battery.

Dont get me wrong my evo's battery is lasting me 15+ hours with pretty solid use, just trying to keep it that way =)
    06-23-2010 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD