Android updates VS webos updates

willmays87

May 13, 2010
Visit site
did sum research but couldnt find any results. So i was a pre owner for almost a year and every update came with empty promises. Every update seemed to make the phone worse. (Hence the followed updates to fix the bugs after every update) WHICH DID NOTHING IMO!! but i jus wanted to c if android updates are the same?? Does android have empty promises? Do there updates actually improve performance/battery?? Thanks in advance for the info......

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I was also a pre owner from the Pre Launch until the Evo Launch and I would have to disagree with you.

Every pre update had bug fixes, such as for the calander, and more stuff such as video camera, led notification light, ect...

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I think if you search you'll find your answer. Each update is named, cupcake, donut, etc. and there's a description what was included in each update.

willmays87

May 13, 2010
Visit site
yea but have those updates actually IMPROVED and lived up to wht they said wat it was going to do. and you can disagree but thats y i said "in my opinion". webos updates did nothing for my phone. jus made it worse or the same. so jus need sumone with experience with android to let me know. thankyou

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was also a pre owner from the Pre Launch until the Evo Launch and I would have to disagree with you.

That's not even an agree or disagree, the OP's statement is flat out false.

One can say he or she is unimpressed with the updates to WebOS, but to say they did nothing is asinine.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
ok I NEED SUMONE WITH EXPERIENCE IN THE ANDROID REALM TO ANSWER MY QUESTION FOR ME!! PLEASE AND THANKYOU!!!!

Well, if you thought all of the WebOS updates did nothing for the phone and did not fulfill any promises, expect the same from Android then.

willmays87

May 13, 2010
Visit site
and i clearly remember me say IN MY OPINION!! from what i experienced with MY phone was the same laggy slow buggy phone from the day i bought it. and each update that i put on MY phone seemed to make it the same or worse. Thats great that YOUR palm pre was improved but MY palm pre wasnt. so thanks for YOUR opinion but my experience with webos updates did nothin for me. and i was a week after launch day pre owner so i have sum experience with it...

v3ritas06

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't this be answered in Changelogs for the Android updates? Same with webOS. Both have the Changelog saying what is being updated / improved / etc... Just about every update ( regardless of the OS ) usually brings battery & performance improvements. There's your answer.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
ok I NEED SUMONE WITH EXPERIENCE IN THE ANDROID REALM TO ANSWER MY QUESTION FOR ME!! PLEASE AND THANKYOU!!!!

No, what you really need is to calm down. You posted a request, and 15 minutes later you're shouting (that's how CAPS come across) and demanding an instant reply. Sorry, but (1) this isn't a help desk for Android. There's no one paid to sit around and answer questions, and (2) you'll find that repeating the same question every 15 minutes is not the way to win friends and influence people. Here or anywhere else.

I can't answer for Darth Mo, but IMHO he was being sarcastic. Saying that if you didn't see any benefits to the Pre updates then you probably won't be happy with the updates for Android or anything else. IOW, the problem isn't the updates.

In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, Palm issued frequent updates that made small changes to the OS, mostly adding features that should have been there from the beginning. And, because they were behind the 8 ball, seemed to do inadequate testing. Android issues less frequent updates that add major functionality to the OS. There are major differences between 1.6 and 2.0, and pretty substantial ones between 2.0 and 2.1, and very substantial ones between 2.1 and 2.2.

The flip side to the Android situation is that Google only controls the OS, not the hardware, and not any shells (like Sense) that run on top of it. So it's up to each phone vendor to decide whether they'll provide an update, and how long it takes them to test and release the update. Some older phones will never get the update to 2.1 or 2.2.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The problem with the Pre is they updated it for the sake of updating it. Yes, there were some good updates, and some bad ones. The problem with their execution was that the majority of updates created a new set of bugs. So the phone always had plenty of kinks.

EXAMPLE: When they introduced video recording, something crazy happened with the video player in general, and loading videos become a slow, laggy process.

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site

One of the cool things about the Evo is that the on screen keyboard doesn't have a dedicated caps lock key. Yours BTW is located above the left shift key on your keyboard.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The problem with the Pre updates was that... Palm often made promises... and they had to keep them.
So they would push something out as quickly as possible.

... which meant bugs sometimes. Especially in the February release.

gbm85

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, water is not wet. In my opinion, the sun revolves around the Earth. In my opinion, the world is flat. And don't argue with me because it's just MY OPINION!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary