Evo No Unlimited International Data Roaming

elder_shawn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The Evo is the only Sprint phone that can't be paired with the international unlimited data roaming plan for $40. It will work internationally but you will be charged per kb. :( Anyone have luck getting the EVO on this plan?

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Really? Did you call Sprint about this or was it just on your My Sprint area. Because I know my Pre didnt "have" the option but I could add it if I called Sprint about it.. Where you going though? CDMA isn't really prevalent anywhere but North America and some parts of Asia(definitely excluding Japan since Sprint signed a roaming deal with Softbank).

elder_shawn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I talked directly to the international Sprint people. She said any phone except for the EVO. Jokingly I asked why my extra $10 fee actually reduced my services with Sprint.

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I talked directly to the international Sprint people. She said any phone except for the EVO. Jokingly I asked why my extra $10 fee actually reduced my services with Sprint.

Geez, what a pain! I carry a Blackberry for international usage personally since there isn't any CDMA love in Southeast Asia. Might consider the same perhaps?

Cookedart

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I asked two different representatives about this specifically and they said the evo was supported. It is also showing up on the add-ons on sprint.com.

vapostol

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
yeah this seems like the original guy u spoke to had NO clue about this... evo is just like a palm pre or any other smart phone on the sprint line.. international data is allowed on all.. including evo... there is absolutely no reason to not allow the 40 dollar add on
I also travel to toronto and always add this option heh..

BMW

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm this as well. I spent hours on the phone with the international group, and they would not give me a straight answer why, only that the international data roaming was not available with the Evo at this time.

I switched back to my TP2 for a weekend trip to Montreal, and it worked fine. Soon as I crossed back over the border, I reactivated the Evo. So now the TP2 is my backup international phone and the charger for a spare battery. ;)

Brent