Internet has Slowed Way Down.

jrobinson

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
In the past day my internet speed has plummeted. Phone is rooted revoked style and that was to be able to use wireless tethering. The internet is slow while tethered as well as on the phone. I have almost full bars of reception. When using speedtest app, i am only seeing ~2-300kbps down and 10 up. Perviously I was seeing over 1000kbps down and ~300 up. The only weird thing, is that when I check the battery usage there is an item called 'Media Server" that wasn't there before. Oh this is all on 3g. Thanks for any help.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I was getting ready to post the same thing. My 3G seems to be in the 500 to 800kbps range and a week ago I was pretty much over 1000 and usually 1200 - 1500. I was wondering if the new PRL had something to so with it (there was a new PRL update last week, wasn't there?)?

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
BTW - I just restarted mine and the speeds got better - back to more of what I expect. Maybe the EVO needs a clean start every now and then? I have always restarted my smartphones every couple of days, but don't think I have restarted the EVO in at least 5 days.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this too. Speeds are down significantly. At first when getting it...it was snappier than I could have imagined.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
i haven't checked my speeds, but my web usage has seen dramatic clocking. i mean the thing will actually just stop loading pages. this is in 4g and 3g. it will stop on wifi, but eventually start back up again. the only thing that seems to cure it is to restart the data connection. just killing the browser doesn't fix the problem.

anyone else?

ps
still doing it with update PRL

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
agree, i upgraded my prl just to check to see if ti was true. i cant get above 1 mbps, where as before i would consistently get 2+ Whiskey Tango Foxtrot sprint!

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm wondering if all these people moving to sprint are starting to drain on data.
My aircard has progressively been getting slower. About 6pm until 10pm especially. As slow as gsm edge.

itzhobbes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
You would think with the extra $10 we are paying which is pretty much a blatant EVO-tax that they would at least let us enjoy some fast 3G speeds.

Layla.J

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
My 3g was really slow for the last 2-3 days. Yesterday I did a hard reset to see if my battery life would change, and now my 3g is zipping along again. I just hope the evo doesn't need a reset on a regular basis.

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Lol same here... somehow I managed to do 3 gigs of data on the phone alone and I don't have my computer back from repair to do tethering so is expect a data drain

jrobinson

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
OP update: the next day after the prl update seemed to be a fix, the data connection was slow again. Back down to 245ish dl. I bit the bullet and did a hard reset which seemed to help for a little while. Also something odd sometimes when I go to settings > wireless & networks and scroll down to mobile network, it says connection failed. Thanks in advance for any advice.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been great. In fact, it has gotten faster. I am usually around 1.4Mbps down and about 200kbps up. Now, I am over 2Mbps down and 300kbps up. It's really fast. I would post pictures, but I am not sure how since the photos are on my phone.

Plus, is there any way of doing screenshots?

Edit:

Of course, the 2Mbps are temporary and they go away within a few hours. But at least I can get a nice use out of that speed!

Last edited:

Torx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
yea, since that last 60666 prl, my internet speeds were terrible, barely breaking 600kbps.
im about to update the PRL and see what happens.

and i was speedtesting my usualy houston server, at 3am-4am and now at 4pm.
same results..

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah something is going on with my Evo as well here in lower Ny ... internet is loading half the green progress bar than taking forever to load the rest,

Also just did the update to newest PRL and doesn't see to help, whats the deal?

**update**

Just did a soft reset (non-battery pull reset) and it seemed to clarify the issue, was having major loading issues with androidcentral on the EVO most of the day today, now it seems to be better

Last edited: