*Firmware update possibly slated for 06/28?*

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
PEACE All...

According to Sprintusers.com there is possibly a new firmware (better yet patch) slated for 06.28:
EVO Gets Another Firmware Update - SprintUsers.com

While nothing is "official" and this may be just speculation, the following issues should be addressed:

*Wifi performance.....
*EAS inhancements..... etc
*And cafbook sync issue and other apps related for better battery usage...

-ZDK-

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I read on ZDNet (I think, there are a lot of Android/Google blog sites) that this will address the screen responsiveness issue of the top half of the display.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll be happy to have it improve my wi-fi issue. I get 4g at my house, but it would be nice to use wi-fi when I need/want it too.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you think this 'update' will have any effect on our ROOTed phones and Hotspot?

It may or may not work depending on how you rooted. If you have a cooked ROM it will probably fail and you'll have to wait for the developer of your ROM to incorporate the update.

barrysanders20

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It's probably the Wifi and screen fixes. I hope it fixes the screen wigging out when the bluetooth is enabled. Also, they are probably doing it to keep people from defecting to the Galaxy S. The Samsung Announcement is June 29.

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I really hope they enable 802.11n WiFi. The hardware can handle it. I'm not concerned about the extra speed, but I've found that N gives me better range at home with other devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21