Iphone User & Return Policy

usualsuspect

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi all - I have a question about Sprint return policy. My situation is this - I am an iphone user and would like to convert. I would first like to try the EVO on the 30 day trial, then take it back. Then get iphone 4 and try that for a month and then in all likely hood convert over. This would be 2 months out and would probably allow for all the defects in the EVO to be fixed as well hopefully get Froyo on the phone. Will sprint give me a problem for coming back to them a month / month and a half later? Any help is appreciated...

snootch4183

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
why not just take both of them out at the same time with temporary numbers, and then just cancel whichever one you like least before the 30 days are up.

usualsuspect

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I thought of that as well - but here is my issue. 1 - I would then like to be able to test the EVO w Froyo and hopefully better battery life. Plus If I have both phones at once I will have to pay for an extra month of service - as the plans will overlap, which would be an extra $100...

usualsuspect

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Guess I am being a bit cheap. But for example If I try the EVO now and switch I would have to pay the ETF at ATT plus that one month of service - so $200 to switch over. That's if I like the EVO I end up paying more. If I just switch to EVO and don't like and go back to ATT I lose my unlimited data on ATT which I am granfathered in on. So I am in a bit of a quandry - and on a tight budget at the same time.

My approach is the only way that makes sense to me..

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
That's the 30 Day return policy. There is no reason why they wouldn't allow you to return, however, you may not be eligible for the mail in rebate the second time. Also you wont be able to do the 30 day return exchange program. You would have to just open an account and if you decide to back out again you'd have to pay the early termination fee which can be as high as $200.

Sprint 30-day Return and Exchange Policy

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
just dont tell them you plan on using it temporarily.

I've literally told customers we dont have a product because of them essentially telling me that.

You cost us money by doing crap like that. (also cost a true EVO customer a phone that plans on keeping it.)

Just putting the other side of the view point for the masses.

usualsuspect

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
yeah - that's the one part I feel a bit guilty about. I just can't figure out a way to cost effectively test out both phones. I need to test the evo first because otherwise I risk losing my unlimited data..