Picture Thumbnails messed up - but pictures actually OK

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I am getting on an irregular basis (even after a power-off with a battery pull) this, when I'm looking at thumbnails of my images. The pictures themselves are ALL ok, and pull up, send, or dump to my computer just fine. It's the previews/thumbnails that are messed up.

Also, some of the pics in thumbnail mode are duplicated, (see the bottom three), but the actual images pull up fine if I tap on them.

What's happening?! :confused:

Thanks,
Rich

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
bump.jpg

Please! Any word or insight on this one? :p

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
having the same issue!!!

Seems a simple fix, but finally had time to mess with it.

Downloaded File Manager from Apollo Software (not sure if it's good or bad in the grand scheme of file managers, but gets the job done) and ultimately deleted the .thumbnails folder inside /sdcard/dcim and it cleared up my issue once they were re-scanned and made again.

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
same issue

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM...

i was about to upload the my thumbnail screen shot with the same garbled images.

The fix you said DID work. I happened to use my already installed ES FILE EXPLORER though. File was in sdcard/DCIM but you have to make sure to go to settings set it to SHOW HIDDEN FILES first of the .thumbnail folder wont show. Just select all, and delete. then when you go back to your gallery they will take a little time to reload.

THANKS FOR THE FIX !!!!

iduarte21

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Seems a simple fix, but finally had time to mess with it.

Downloaded File Manager from Apollo Software (not sure if it's good or bad in the grand scheme of file managers, but gets the job done) and ultimately deleted the .thumbnails folder inside /sdcard/dcim and it cleared up my issue once they were re-scanned and made again.

Thanks!! Worked out just fine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad