My Evo was dying so I went to the dollar store to buy a charger. When I came back I plugged the phone in but the picture wont come back. I heard the sound when the phone gets turned on but no image. The light is flashing red its not solid like when its being charged. I pulled the battery out a few times but theres nothing else I can do. Has this happened to anyone or does anyone have any clue as to what I should do. IM getting really frustrated.
    06-25-2010 03:00 PM
    Maybe your cheap charger messed it up ?
    06-25-2010 03:10 PM
    Have you left the battery out for a few minutes? When you are turning the phone on, is it plugged in to the cheap charger you bought?

Try leaving the battery out for a few mins, plug in the OEM charger and try charging it for a bit then turning it on.
    06-25-2010 03:10 PM
    Can a charger actually screw it up where the screen doesnt work?
    06-25-2010 03:11 PM
    yeah if it over heats the phone and battery
    06-25-2010 03:14 PM
    this is terrible Im getting nothing theres no light on the top and its not turning on. Im at work so I only have this new charger.
    06-25-2010 03:20 PM
    Can you read the ratings off of the charger you got at the dollar store?
    06-25-2010 03:22 PM
    this is terrible Im getting nothing theres no light on the top and its not turning on. Im at work so I only have this new charger.
    stop using your new charger. take the battery out of the phone, it maybe overheating the phone due to the new charger. let the phone and battery sit for awhile to cool down. Get home, plug in the oem charger, and see what happens.
    06-25-2010 03:31 PM
    @yourdogsdead
    Input-ac 90v-240v
    50-60hz 120mA
    output-DC5.0-5.7V
    max 600ma

Its made by wireless gear its a universal one you plug whatever attachment you need into it. I dont think its the charger though. Before I even got back the phone was dead. It was turning on for a little making the sound but no picture. Now its not even doing that.
    06-25-2010 03:45 PM
    I think the output of 600ma is too low. The original charger rated at 1000ma, and I have used 850ma, and it works fine.
    06-25-2010 04:17 PM
    @yourdogsdead
    Input-ac 90v-240v
    50-60hz 120mA
    output-DC5.0-5.7V
    max 600ma

Its made by wireless gear its a universal one you plug whatever attachment you need into it. I dont think its the charger though. Before I even got back the phone was dead. It was turning on for a little making the sound but no picture. Now its not even doing that.
    The input is 120ma? I may be missing something (probably) but the current coming into a house is nowhere near the milliamp range.

The output of 600ma should be fine to charge the phone, it's above the USB 2.0 specs. Can you charge from a PC?
    06-25-2010 04:28 PM
    Ditto on that, hook it up to a PC and let it charge for a good hour or 2...
    06-25-2010 04:35 PM
    It wont charge at all. Ive tried the oem charger and tried hooking it up via PC no luck. I called radio shack and they said I can exchange it but their sold out. He called me back and said they have a replacement coming for me within 48 hrs. It sucks tho im gunna lose all my contacts and apps.
    06-25-2010 06:57 PM
    The input is 120ma? I may be missing something (probably) but the current coming into a house is nowhere near the milliamp range.
    That's not input, it's the amount of current the adapter will draw at the rated voltage.

So at 120 V, it draws 120 mA or total power of ~14.5 W.
    06-25-2010 07:08 PM
    Dude with all due respect why in gods green earth would you use a charger from a dollar store on a near $500 electronic device?
    06-25-2010 07:20 PM
    Turn the power off.
    Take out battery
    Put battery back in
    Connect to charger ( preferably a non defective one)
    hold down VOLUME UP KEY and hit power

What happens?
    06-25-2010 07:35 PM
    Nothing happens...
    06-25-2010 07:46 PM
    Dude with all due respect why in gods green earth would you use a charger from a dollar store on a near $500 electronic device?
    Ive always had cheap chargers for all my phones. Even cheaper then the one I bought at the dollar store. I never had a phone just **** the bed on me like this one did.
    06-25-2010 07:47 PM
    Damn dude. I think you toasted your phone. :\ Try and get an exchange. Play dumb and do NOT mention anything about using a charging device other than the one it came with.
    06-25-2010 07:48 PM
    Ive always had cheap chargers for all my phones. Even cheaper then the one I bought at the dollar store. I never had a phone just **** the bed on me like this one did.
    Oooo.. Well maybe the one you bought this time just did it in. I really hope not though. That would really suck man. Like I said in my last post, try and exchange it. Just play dumb. Tell them that it just shut off on you and it wont turn back on. Good luck man
    06-25-2010 07:49 PM
    Yea they already ordered me one, said it would take 48 hours. I just burnt the **** out of my hand too on pizza effing worst day of my life.
    06-25-2010 07:53 PM
    It wont charge at all. Ive tried the oem charger and tried hooking it up via PC no luck. I called radio shack and they said I can exchange it but their sold out. He called me back and said they have a replacement coming for me within 48 hrs. It sucks tho im gunna lose all my contacts and apps.
    You won't lose your contacts as long as you are signed into gmail. Your contacts are always linked there unless you turned it off. Your apps will be in the download section of market once you sign in on the new phone. You just have to download them again, but they will all be listed there, once. Do not leave the market until you download them otherwise they will disappear unless they are paid apps.

Good luck.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro
    06-25-2010 08:11 PM
    You won't lose your contacts as long as you are signed into gmail. Your contacts are always linked there unless you turned it off. Your apps will be in the download section of market once you sign in on the new phone. You just have to download them again, but they will all be listed there, once. Do not leave the market until you download them otherwise they will disappear unless they are paid apps.

Good luck.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you
    06-25-2010 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD