Evo wont turn on

osakran

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My Evo was dying so I went to the dollar store to buy a charger. When I came back I plugged the phone in but the picture wont come back. I heard the sound when the phone gets turned on but no image. The light is flashing red its not solid like when its being charged. I pulled the battery out a few times but theres nothing else I can do. Has this happened to anyone or does anyone have any clue as to what I should do. IM getting really frustrated.

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Have you left the battery out for a few minutes? When you are turning the phone on, is it plugged in to the cheap charger you bought?

Try leaving the battery out for a few mins, plug in the OEM charger and try charging it for a bit then turning it on.

osakran

May 19, 2010
Visit site
this is terrible Im getting nothing theres no light on the top and its not turning on. Im at work so I only have this new charger.

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
this is terrible Im getting nothing theres no light on the top and its not turning on. Im at work so I only have this new charger.

stop using your new charger. take the battery out of the phone, it maybe overheating the phone due to the new charger. let the phone and battery sit for awhile to cool down. Get home, plug in the oem charger, and see what happens.

osakran

May 19, 2010
Visit site
@yourdogsdead
Input-ac 90v-240v
50-60hz 120mA
output-DC5.0-5.7V
max 600ma

Its made by wireless gear its a universal one you plug whatever attachment you need into it. I dont think its the charger though. Before I even got back the phone was dead. It was turning on for a little making the sound but no picture. Now its not even doing that.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
@yourdogsdead
Input-ac 90v-240v
50-60hz 120mA
output-DC5.0-5.7V
max 600ma

Its made by wireless gear its a universal one you plug whatever attachment you need into it. I dont think its the charger though. Before I even got back the phone was dead. It was turning on for a little making the sound but no picture. Now its not even doing that.

The input is 120ma? I may be missing something (probably) but the current coming into a house is nowhere near the milliamp range.

The output of 600ma should be fine to charge the phone, it's above the USB 2.0 specs. Can you charge from a PC?

osakran

May 19, 2010
Visit site
It wont charge at all. Ive tried the oem charger and tried hooking it up via PC no luck. I called radio shack and they said I can exchange it but their sold out. He called me back and said they have a replacement coming for me within 48 hrs. It sucks tho im gunna lose all my contacts and apps.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The input is 120ma? I may be missing something (probably) but the current coming into a house is nowhere near the milliamp range.

That's not input, it's the amount of current the adapter will draw at the rated voltage.

So at 120 V, it draws 120 mA or total power of ~14.5 W.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Dude with all due respect why in gods green earth would you use a charger from a dollar store on a near $500 electronic device?

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Turn the power off.
Take out battery
Put battery back in
Connect to charger ( preferably a non defective one)
hold down VOLUME UP KEY and hit power

What happens?

osakran

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Dude with all due respect why in gods green earth would you use a charger from a dollar store on a near $500 electronic device?

Ive always had cheap chargers for all my phones. Even cheaper then the one I bought at the dollar store. I never had a phone just **** the bed on me like this one did.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Damn dude. I think you toasted your phone. :\ Try and get an exchange. Play dumb and do NOT mention anything about using a charging device other than the one it came with.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ive always had cheap chargers for all my phones. Even cheaper then the one I bought at the dollar store. I never had a phone just **** the bed on me like this one did.

Oooo.. Well maybe the one you bought this time just did it in. I really hope not though. That would really suck man. Like I said in my last post, try and exchange it. Just play dumb. Tell them that it just shut off on you and it wont turn back on. Good luck man

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463