Evo ejects/dismounts by itself

presscorpsexx

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

When I plug my Evo into my Mac laptop with the USB cord to mount it as a disk drive, it continually mounts and dismounts itself, displaying the error message "The disk was not ejected properly. If possible, always eject a disk before unplugging it or turning it off."

Except, I'm not unplugging it or touching it at all. It just mounts and dismounts itself until I actually have to dismount it improperly because I am unable to do anything.

I have been having this problem for awhile.. so I tried formatting the SD card, but still no change. When I plug it into my boyfriend's laptop (also a mac), it seems to work fine. This seems to indicate that there is something wrong with my laptop and not the phone.

But, either way, I have no idea how to go about fixing this very frustrating issue. Any help would be wonderful!

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The USB is probably not putting out enough current so the phone sees it as you're repeatedly plugging and unplugging the phone.

If that's the case, all you can do is try another USB port on that computer if there's one available.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, that worked. Thank you!

Is there any way to fix that issue with the USB port?

Heh, nothing worth doing.

It's a pretty common issue with phones as the power needed for the connection tends to be near the top of USB spec as far as output. Sometimes you get a port that's a little below and it's fine for a mouse or whatever, but not something like a phone.