EVO Camera Loses the Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Quick.

Take a close look at the portion of the photographs where you see a Pepsi can at the bottom. Take a real close look at the detail of the stripes along the top of the can. Notice how much sharper those lines appear on the HTC photograph.

But...since it's not the magical Apple, sharpness in detail apparently does not matter.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Why did you post this thread? Did you not see the other threads about this same exact crap? I don't think we need multiple threads talking about how the iPhone camera/video might be better than the Evo's.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
Nope. I overlaid the two images in Photoshop (had to shrink the Evo pic since it was much bigger), and once the iPhone gets to detail level it blurs. Evo is nice and sharp.

Next! And let's get some outdoor photos too because I know for a fact that the Evo does colors far better than this example.

Predator-1

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Who the hell cares anyways? The Evo camera is perfectly fine for a mobile device. It trumps the iPhone in so many areas till this seems to be a nicpic comparison to give iPhone lovers something to talk about.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love my Evo. Best phone I've ever used. I wouldn't trade it for anything right now...

However, I knew the iPhone would compete in camera and video quality no matter what. 5mp/8mp doesn't matter, what matters is light, exposure, and lens quality.

I'm no idiot, Apple wouldn't up the camera without being one of the if not the best camera available out there. It really is a great camera. When light is low there is obviously no comparison. Outside or in good lighting I think the comparison is pretty close...

Again, I wouldn't trade my Evo for one. :D

Last edited:

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
****BREAKING NEWS****

"On an exclusive report on the iApple News Network, the new iPhone 4G beats the pants off the HTC Evo 4G on camera and video recording. One more reason the iPhone is the Divinely Annointed Smartphone of the Century, praised be Steve Jobs...for iApple News, this is John Q"

Shortly after, John Q turned to the camera man and asked, "hey man, I really need to borrow your Evo. Need to call my wife right away, she most be furious!".

"What happened?" asked the puzzled camera man.

"My iPhone dropped the call again" John Q replied, "happens everytime I hold this piece of crap up to me ear. She is going to kill me, I tell you, I am really going to get it this time".

dark_dj27

May 29, 2010
Visit site
omg!!! who the $#*) cares?! Im tired of seeing so many of these threads

I agree there is atleast 5 of these threads on every site I go to. I could care less if the evo camera beats the iPhone or vise versa. I bought the phone to make calls, surf the web, play games, and take occasional pictures when I don't have a point and shoot camera on hand.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow... another thread of this crap, where the OP will say "I searched but didn't find anything" and someone will post 20+ threads about the exact same subject.

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
All of you whining about threads that actually review phones and different parts of the phone and aren't totally pro Evo, get over it. These threads are useful for owners and future consumers. This thread is no different than a good review of the Evo and no one will whine about that, now would you guys? Ive been looking at the Evo since it was the Supersonic, I had my mind set on getting this device until Sprint/HTC decided to not stock them up on their site for well over a week and giving me a chance to look over the Droid X and its unveiling. Now with some of the shortcomings of the Evo and lack of stock, im mulling over what I should get now. And these reviews are informative for those that research before buying, such as myself.

dark_dj27

May 29, 2010
Visit site
People are not "whining" because of others posting reviews like this its because instead of searching for existing threads they make new ones. There is already a 12 page thread of these kind of reviews that this review could have easily been posted in. Which has been on page 1 90% of the time and is easily seen if you look.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
People are not "whining" because of others posting reviews like this its because instead of searching for existing threads they make new ones. There is already a 12 page thread of these kind of reviews that this review could have easily been posted in. Which has been on page 1 90% of the time and is easily seen if you look.

Correct. So let's use that one instead :)
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/19251-my-evo-camera-video-just-got-schooled-iphone4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1