Evo 4G 30 FPS Limit for 02 Hardware is Uncapped, they got it to 53, XDA does it again

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The device is nigh and day different with the fix. It will only get better.

Ah, but you assume that a fix will be released. HTC is saying the cap is by design because of the HDMI out.... Total BS if you've seen the Droid X benchmarks....

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I know htc is full of **** because I'm already running the fix. Not sure what your getting at.

I know the device is night and day different. Much faster and more responsive with the fix. Dare I say just like the iphone.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I know htc is full of **** because I'm already running the fix. Not sure what your getting at.

I know the device is night and day different. Much faster and more responsive with the fix. Dare I say just like the iphone.

Relax. I'm not trying to call you out. I'm saying that HTC has yet to address this issue and is, in fact, treating it as a NON-ISSUE, thus an official FIX may NEVER occur.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Just say it's like the Incredible.
I was kinda' pissed too cause my Evo lags when I go through menus and app listings.
It's already bad enough that games like Raging Thunder II that runs BUTTER SMOOTH on the N1 and Incredible experience lovely framerate issues on the Evo.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought the rumor mill was saying the Monday update will have more to do with enabling the wireless-N hardware. I'd be surprised if they were going to uncap the framerate, they have no reason to do so. If somebody pushes them hard enough, maybe we can get an unlimited HDMI out and framerate in one bundle. Here's hoping. :)

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
DIRECTIONS FROM XDA:

grab ROM Manager from the market and flash ClockworkMod Recovery, then click install from SD Card, click the zip, then choose to backup current ROM, DON'T WIPE ANYTHING, then click ok.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
U knw I would love to have more than 30 fps but that **** doesn't make me take this phone back cause of it, I love this thing even at 30 fps this phone is still bad ass