I keep seeing videos of going into "manage applications" and it seems almost instant it all pops up. Mine seems to delay, and take forever to load it. Any ideas?
    06-26-2010 05:01 AM
    i thought it was just me but yeah when i click on manage apps, it takes +30seconds, i just leave it alone and come back to it lol. luckily i've decided on my homescreen (launcherpro) so i don't need to go in and force close anymore.
    06-26-2010 05:07 AM
    I've got well over 100 apps loaded, and you might too. Seems like it doesn't take that long, considering the calculations involved
    06-26-2010 05:22 AM
    Mine opens instantly. I have 27 apps loaded from the android market.

edit: I should add that I don't use a task killer. I wonder if that can have an impact. Everyone should add if they use or don't use a task killer, and how often.
    06-26-2010 05:33 AM
    Yeah mine now seems to open instantly. Dunno what I did..
    06-26-2010 06:00 AM
    I noticed that it takes a very long time to load (over a minute), and occasionally freezes. I have well over 200 apps installed. However, if I restart with a battery pull it loads instantly. I assume one or more of the apps is holding up the app manager when it/they are resident in memory.
    06-26-2010 06:26 AM
    Mine takes about 40sec to load. I have about 20 apps or so. Thats the only thing that lags as far as loading up for me.

I can't find any specs on how much space Froyo will need anyone see a number in MB? I have 291MB free so I am assuming its all good?
    06-26-2010 06:36 AM
    I've taken to managing my apps using App Brain for this reason...much easier to delete apps I don't want without having to wait for the built-in Manage Apps utility to launch.
    06-27-2010 12:42 AM
    Mine is very slow to load. No task killer, and I've got only about 20 apps loaded (beyond what's preloaded).

I also end up using the AppBrain app to manage apps, since it's so much faster...but now I wonder if this app is somehow slowing down the native app manager. Any correlation there?

Also wonder if there's a connection to loading Astro file manager. I've got that, too.

So - fast loading folks: got either of those apps?
    06-27-2010 05:27 AM
    No task killer here. I am coming to the EVO from the Hero and my Hero took a long time to load. I just figured that was the way it is but I have seen video where it launched much faster. I have around 40 apps loaded and mine takes at least 60 seconds to load.

Edit: I just tried a battery pull and that did the trick it opened rite up. There must be something runing in the processes that is slowing thongs down
    06-27-2010 07:39 AM
    I've read that Froyo will make this a non-issue.
    06-27-2010 09:17 AM
    mine loads almost instantly, might take 5 seconds for the app icons to fully load. I have about 30 apps and I do use ATK
    06-27-2010 09:36 AM
    if you have played around with your phone quite a bit, and opened lots of apps, it will take a while for it to open.

however if you reboot it will open right away
    06-27-2010 09:57 AM
    ^^^
    That makes sense. I can believe that the more apps you have running, even if in the background using no resources, the more information the program needs to gather. And a battery pull shuts down all the background apps.
    06-27-2010 11:33 AM
    I've taken to managing my apps using App Brain for this reason...much easier to delete apps I don't want without having to wait for the built-in Manage Apps utility to launch.
    Same works very well. Love going online and going through the market as well. So much more convenient.
    06-27-2010 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD