06-28-2010 09:50 PM
44 12
tools
    I just did the OVA update and to my dismay the android wallpapers that came preloaded on the phone are gone. Has anyone come up with a means to get them back? Besides the live wallpapers they were the best ones IMHO as far as the stock wallpapers went. Surely its not that difficult to retrieve them since they come with android anyway. Lets put our heads together and get these wallpapers back!
    06-28-2010 01:43 PM
    I still have mine after update, I have the stock and live wallpaper. Did not loose anything.
    06-28-2010 01:59 PM
    Well, just installed the update and it looks like the grounding issue, wifi problems are gone. But the update created some new problems. Very slow bootups. There are a lot of missing widget icons that you have to reload. The only problem is that even if you load preloaded scenes, some widget don't load, they say problem loading gadget. Once you figure out what the gadget is, and reload it, it seems to work for all scenes. I am sure there are more problems and also other fixes I haven't seen yet. Please chime in if you have seen fixes and/or problems. The slow boot is really bugging me and the missing widgets is a pain.
    06-28-2010 02:14 PM
    I have noticed.. before the update, that once and a while, when I restart my phone, it takes an extremely long time to boot back, while other times it zips right through the startup procedure. Perhaps there is something else going on in the background depending on when or how you startup?
    06-28-2010 02:25 PM
    On widgets, just remove them and re-add them. All of my widgets are fine now.
    06-28-2010 02:35 PM
    As for widgets disappearing after a update that is normal just drag to garbage then reload. them simply as pie. The first boot up or two are slow. don't see any problems
    06-28-2010 02:35 PM
    hrm, I only have the htc and live wallpapers. My android wallpaper option is completely missing. And here I was thinking this update would only fix current issues, not create new ones.
    06-28-2010 02:50 PM
    Why would you need to continually boot up? I never do.
    Yeah I agree why? I charge my phone at night while I sleep and I leave it on... But I do sleep longer than an hour.. But heck if you sleep just 3 hours that is typically plenty of time to charge the phone from 10% to 100%.... I do shut my phone off about once a month.... a reboot is usually not a bad idea every now and again but every night?

Status bar issue seems to be resolved on my end... All my widgets loaded up just fine after update. I never had WiFi issues... See some people reporting better 4G reception but I don't live in a 4G area so no clue... Battery life? I don't know.... Will have to check that out tomorrow I guess after a full charge... by the time I did the update the phone had been off the charger 3 hours and the download/install process probably eats up some battery life.... Never was much of an issue to start with.....

All in all my phone is pretty much the same as it was before the update...
    06-28-2010 02:58 PM
    nobody else is missing their android wallpapers?
    06-28-2010 03:00 PM
    my android wallpapers are missing as well
    06-28-2010 03:02 PM
    I am also missing the android walpaper option. I don't really use any of them but I wanted to chime in and add my name to the problem list.
    06-28-2010 03:02 PM
    They were removed as part of the update.... Just Google HTC EVO 4G and a few different web pages have links to where you can actually download the wallpapers to your SD card.....
    06-28-2010 03:09 PM
    I still have mine after update, I have the stock and live wallpaper. Did not loose anything.
    you are missing the "android wallpapers" option that used to be the first option. now you only have "live wallpapers" "htc wallpapers" and "gallery" go check.
    06-28-2010 03:10 PM
    Find them here and add to the SD card.
    06-28-2010 03:10 PM
    It's seems whenever I shut my phone off then back on it runs a little better. That's my experience with my evo. I have a system task killer but after a reboot it seems to run better. Also if my phone is on while charging, the battery drains faster. If I shut it off and charge, my battery life seems to last longer.
    06-28-2010 03:24 PM
    I am also missing the android wallpaper option after completing the update.
    06-28-2010 03:26 PM
    hmm.. i didn't notice that until i looked in this thread. I too am missing android wallpapers... darn...
    06-28-2010 03:30 PM
    06-28-2010 03:32 PM
    Via androinica.com
    One thing that wasnt improved was the removal of the Android wallpapers. Sprint took out the images that previously appeared when selecting Android Wallpapers, but users can download the images here and put them back on the SDcard.
    06-28-2010 03:45 PM
    Can anyone else confirm: The update removes the stock android home screen.

Probably goes along with the removed stock android wallpapers.

Sad. But I've been using LauncherPro now anyways.
    06-28-2010 03:57 PM
    Is this thread about problems with the update, or how you should charge your phone at night? If it's going to be the latter, please let me know so I can change the title. Otherwise, please stay on topic.
    06-28-2010 04:02 PM
    Is this thread about problems with the update, or how you should charge your phone at night? If it's going to be the latter, please let me know so I can change the title. Otherwise, please stay on topic.
    Seriously. I just read 3 pages hoping for cool info about the update. Instead just read everyone's nightly charging preference.
    06-28-2010 04:06 PM
    I have had no issues with update.
    06-28-2010 04:08 PM
    alright, for you folks worried about the boot times -- don't. it will eventually speed back up. this is something not new to folks who root their phones and switch ROMs all the time. when your phone boots after large changes to it's files then it has to go back in and basically set everything up. it is gonna continue to do this because at the same time you are also setting everything back up as the user. once you get everything where you want it then the phone will be able to get everything where it wants it and boot load times will be much improved. this is also why you are seeing widgets not working after the update. my guess is it did something with the dalvik cache and all that jazz. sorry about the low level explanation -- i don't know all the jargon.

so, to reiterate. do not worry about the slow boot times. they fix themselves. and you just have to redo the widgets on your homescreens. that is a result of major changes to the phone -- sometimes unavoidable.
    06-28-2010 04:09 PM
    Who says this update fixes wifi issues? Mine still remains weak (signal icon wise) i walk 2-3ft away from wireless router and get 1 bar, even right next to it 4 bars at times ...

Also i noticed email became buggy, when i get a notification about an email and drag down the menu and try and click the email, it freezes temp up ...
    Had to do another restart to get it back to normal but never had that problem ...

I hope it didn't do any other damage since i just got a new bluetooth setup ..
    Don't really notice anything else except it took awhile to install and it rebooted 2-3xs (thought it bricked my phone at one point as well) ...

Wished it would have fixed the 3g issues going on, seems its spotty but never ever had a problem like this before where loading webpages stopped halfway through to load and load and load .....
    06-28-2010 04:13 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD