Official 6/28 Update Thread - Discuss Here

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thats pretty lame. I really don't understand why people update first anyway. This is why I always wait at least few days and know everything about an update before I get it. (Or never update at all if I don't need it/breaks root) That is, except for WebOS, I could always trust that whatever Palm released would make my phone 10x better and never screwed anything up, especially after the new auto update patches thing.

evo be me

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i have no problem with this new update. to the ppl that rooted their phones, it is common sense that the patch from sprint is for their stock rom. ppl should know better not to patch the new htc update on top of their "rooted" software. if you do, you're at your own risk. Considering almost 5hrs ago since my update, my battery went from 72% to 60%. Thats 12% with Mobile (including the "always-on" data), WiFi, and GPS enabled. Not to mention Auto-sync is on with FB, Google(gmail), and Weather. I'd say I used it moderately with sms and using Market. Normally, I dont have the radios and auto-sync on. But there's definitely an improvement to the battery. Also, the touchscreen seems to be smoother and slightly faster. thats my take on this update so far, stock rom ~ hardware ver. 2.0

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
At least, for me, the grounding issue is fixed and Wifi does seem better, with Wireless N now activated. I just did a hard reset after the update and it works perfectly, at least so far.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I unrooted (I had full root) my phone and updated. It all worked out well.
Just waiting for simple root from unrevoked so I can restore my apps with Titanium Backup.

Wifi reception = much better. I don't know about actual speed. I haven't gone too far from router yet.
I didn't have grounding issue before... none after.
30 fps cap still there I think. Haven't ran any tests, but pretty sure.

Last edited:

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
"Hard reset" as in "factory reset" or as in "power off / reboot"?

Power Off

But I noticed my Android wallpapers were gone too :(

But I took off UnrEVOked before I did the update. Im suprised nobody else did that? The simplest things can cause the biggest problems.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
i have no problem with this new update. to the ppl that rooted their phones, it is common sense that the patch from sprint is for their stock rom. ppl should know better not to patch the new htc update on top of their "rooted" software. if you do, you're at your own risk. Considering almost 5hrs ago since my update, my battery went from 72% to 60%. Thats 12% with Mobile (including the "always-on" data), WiFi, and GPS enabled. Not to mention Auto-sync is on with FB, Google(gmail), and Weather. I'd say I used it moderately with sms and using Market. Normally, I dont have the radios and auto-sync on. But there's definitely an improvement to the battery. Also, the touchscreen seems to be smoother and slightly faster. thats my take on this update so far, stock rom ~ hardware ver. 2.0

I second what he said. My scrolling is better, and so far the issue with looking at old text messages were the phone automatically bounced to the latest one without you wanting it to do that has been fixed. My battery has always been fine, so without doing an intentional test, I can't tell if it is better or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. My business partners phone got hosed because he did the second update, but oh well, a new one is on the way.

And to say that all updates worked flawlessly on the Palm Pre is a bit of an overstatement. While I never had problems with my updates on the Pre, they definitely didn't make the phone 10 x better, if that were the case, I'd still be using that piece of junk. The forums were always filled with people having problems after updates from Palm, and quite a few times stuff got broken which had to get fixed with yet another update.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I updated earlier this afternoon and have had no problems other than my widgets acting up...just deleted them and reinstalled them. No biggie.

I'll tell you what, though...

During the installation, I was mighty tempted to do something as it just sat there for a long few moments with the HTC white light on. I'd already read how some guys got impatient and pulled the battery instead of just waiting.

I do think I'll be waiting a couple of days before doing the next Update.

Shenaniguns

May 17, 2010
www.thegunvault.org
So after trying to resolve this by going to 2 Sprint stores, the Radio Shack I purchased it from and horrible Sprint CS over the phone I am now stuck with no EVO for an indefinate amount of time :mad: With such rude CS I'm about to cancel my account and join Verizon. I am not pleased...

zimkillgore

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I updated this morning and haven't charged my phone yet with about 60% battery left. I had unrevoked still on my evo when I updated. After I noticed I couldn't user it anyone I just un installed it and deleted the files. My wifi actually had full bars now when it only use to get one. The screen slides a bit better and I'm writing this on myth phone while its laying the bed using swype. All I need now I'd for a ne version of unrevoked and I'm all good.

edrdoberts

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Did the update. Evo runs, but is doing strange things. Seems to be running much slower and almost freezes when attempting to exit out of some apps. Bottom buttons don't work at times, but the sleep button seems to be unaffected.

Does anyone know if there will be a patch for those that installed the update?

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This morning's update seems to have done more bad than good. Majority of the people don't see improved battery life. Some people got their phones bricked with no fix possible, due to the phone being completely dead(this includes me). Android wallpapers are gone, widgets come up broken(not a big problem) and all we got was an improved wifi signal. Im sure there is other small stuff out there that may not be included in this thread(good and bad), but the big thing is having a phone die out on you and no replacements available for a week or two for some people. Things could have been a bit better if sprint's customer service wasn't so horrible and gave you the run around of not being aware of such an update or problem existing. The rudest cs rep told me "here is the number to HTC, call them and let them know about your problem cuz there is nothing we can do for you". Seriously?

the widgets being broken is not a problem since it can happen without even getting the update. I had it happen to me when I reinstalled a back up from MyBackup Pro.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Did the update. Evo runs, but is doing strange things. Seems to be running much slower and almost freezes when attempting to exit out of some apps. Bottom buttons don't work at times, but the sleep button seems to be unaffected.

Does anyone know if there will be a patch for those that installed the update?

My device says that it is up to date...I did not update it today. What would my HTC software version be? Would it be the HTC kernel version?

Since Sprint just pulled the update due to all the bricking, they'll probably release a new "fixed" update in a few days. The update is not being pushed anymore AFAIK, so you probably should see that you're up-to-date for now.