Official 6/28 Update Thread - Discuss Here

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That update took forever wow...

Worried me at some points :)

Wifi is about the same with minor increases in some areas. Overall still really poor reception compared to when a Laptop will get 3/4 bars at twice the range.

Will watch for any other changes

Last edited:

rhwd2003

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Updated & Installed so far so good. It fixed my grounding issue as well. I can actually prop my phone up in my bed on the headboard and use it now without having to hold it... sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I do have swype, I can actually text faster with the stock keyboard...

I love swype.... I easily type 10 times faster with it vs the stock Keyboard. Once you get use to Swype and understand the words it just isn't going to pick up and manually type them it's super quick.

As for this update, So far the only thing I notice is the screen sensitivity issue seems to be gone (Even though I never would have know there was an issue had no one pointed it out to me) All my widgets loaded up just fine.... Be interesting to see how the battery life holds up with this mild update.

I got great battery life out the box... Switched out to a spare battery and life went to $hit.. I went from 14 hours average to 6 hours average.. Installed back the stock battery and still horrible... Had to do a factory reset and now I am back to getting 12 - 14 again on both batteries... WEIRD!!!!

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
The BIG question is, does it break "root"?
both Fresh method and unrevoked method?

It does break the unrevoked root method....I'm going to try to download it again and see if that works.

It's a no go...I redownloaded it still doesn't work.

Last edited:

limitproof

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
updated.

-i also noticed Android Wallpapers are gone

-Unrevoked root is broken. You can run Unrevoked, it will say root is 'done.' but all root-operations will fail.. No Shoot-Me, no Overclock Widget

-Several widgets were not loaded, had to remove from homescreen and readd it, no problems then.

-im not in an area with wifi so i cant evaluate that. nothing new so far.

-the update did take very long

Last edited:

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
My phone has been stuck in an endless update cycle... coming up on 15min. Any suggestions as to best handle this?

Update: Weird... it just started booting up... but it kept cycling through downloading/installing/restarting boot... Let you know on the phone once it's fully booted and checked out. Hope no one else has this problem.