Official 6/28 Update Thread - Discuss Here

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
I can't imagine a better wifi signal. I get a good signal at home through two concrete walls, even better than my Pre fared. If it's even better I'll be extremely happy.

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Updated via WiFi. Took about 10 minutes to install. I seem to have one more bar on WiFi sitting in the exact same spot. I'll be charging it up to 100% and see how the battery lasts today.

Last edited:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/android-hackers-versus-htc-evo-30-fps-cap

This is NOT a hardware issue. Someone over at XDA's already fixed this. I'd like to see a source for your "not going to get fixed" statement.

Sorry.... I had not researched this much... I read it when the phone first came out and HTC's first "OFFICIAL" response was that it was hardware related to the HDMI drivers on the phone and they had said the 30 fps was plenty enough since most major motion pictures are filmed at 24 fps......

I attempted to search and see all the "hacks" that have been done that increase the fps to 54 - 60.... it was never an issue for me and when it first came up and HTC released their response I never looked into it again...

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I havent gotten the cue to update yet and Ive tried manually. But I did notice this morning my phone was not charging but when I looked at my widget Juice Plotter it said +18 hours. Normally I am between 10-13. Im not sure if automatically update because I cant find it, android newbie. But if it did update, using UnrEVOked still works for wifi tethering.

gspam1

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Switched my wireless router to N band only at 5ghz. Evo can't find the network now. Perhaps N band wasn't part of this update?

Acestout

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Not only did we lose our android wallpapers. We seem to have lost the ability to choose the stock android launcher. Now when I press home it only gives me the choice between htc sense and lancher pro.

gspam1

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Even if it gets N, it won't be on the 5ghz band. I don't think it has a 5ghz radio.

Funny, I was just checking that after I posted. It does work with the router on "N" only at 2.4gh, but only pulling 65MBs. Haven't tested range yet, but looks like an improvement.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I think this fixed the intermittent issue I had that popped up when scrolling through old text messages. I would scroll towards the top to read some older messages, and all of a sudden it would go straight down to the latest message without a new one having come back in. I am guessing that might have had something to do with the grounding issue. I still don't see how the grounding issue was a software bug seeing that some people had it and some people didn't.

Also, I had an issue with data usage. My 3G data indicator would be on constantly killing the battery in the process. I did a hard reset and it seemed fine after that, but I did see a few instances still where the 3G on without any reason as to why it was on. Someone suggested that the social networking was responsible for that, and seeing how I used 4 GB of data in just 3 weeks, the fix for social networking and battery life might have to do something with this.

We'll see.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Done in Cleveland. Lost two icons, one for Android Central Widget (ahhhhhhhhhh!) and one for battery widget...might be a widget thing already reported?

Can't check WIFI but screen feels more responsive. A little too responsive? Maybe in my head...

yeahthatsme

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not only did we lose our android wallpapers. We seem to have lost the ability to choose the stock android launcher. Now when I press home it only gives me the choice between htc sense and lancher pro.
Same for me, guess HTC didn't much like us tossing their useless Sense aside, off to find a better launcher unless anyone knows a trick to get the stock android apps back? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech