Official 6/28 Update Thread - Discuss Here

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Interesting WiFi results here.

I have two wireless routers in my house.
1 is a B/G with a high gain antenna sitting about 3 feet away from me 2462 MHz.
2 is a B/G/N 3 rooms away 40' or so 2437 MHz.

Pre update:
Router 1 (holding in hand) -68dBm (on desk) -70 dBm 11.21 MBps down 2.83 MBps up
Router 2 (holding in hand) -91dBm (on desk) -83 dBm 3.24 MBps down 2.81 MBps up

Post update:
Router 1 (holding in hand) -68dBm (on desk) -69 dBm 13.06 MBps down 1.00 MBps up
Router 2 (holding in hand) -87dBm (on desk) -86 dBm 1.91 MBps down 1.87 MBps up

These were bests of about 5 tests each. Many of the post update tests on Router 2 were much slower with the up speed being 4x faster than the down. one test was 0.46 down 2.10 up.

For everyone wanting hard numbers there you go.

The signal strengths are good hard numbers, the speeds aren't really. Anything could be causing your connection speed to the outside internet to drop, including the kid next door torrenting.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Many people report greatly improved battery life after a reboot. That may be what you're seeing (or it may be a true improvement in the software). We'll know better after more people have had the update for a few days.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Many people report greatly improved battery life after a reboot. That may be what you're seeing (or it may be a true improvement in the software). We'll know better after more people have had the update for a few days.

Ive heard of greatly improved battery life after a hard reset, but not after a reboot, interesting.

trini4040

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Ogm..this new update killed my phone..am taking dead..like a brick..after the update..my phone turned off and i've not been able to turn it back on..even when i plug the charger in i get nothing..not even the charge light...what is this about ?..am calling sprint now..anyone else having problems with this new update ?

Kimcheenation

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
HTC OTA Update, 4G, and Wi-Fi in North New Jersey??

I have not received any update notices as of 4:23PM EST here in NJ. Does it download automatically without me doing anything, or do I answer yes to download when and if the OTA notification comes.

Also, I flipped the 4G widget on yesterday, just curious and I was able catch 4G signal here in Northern New Jersey, 6/27 4:30PM tested speeds from 1805 kpbs to 2701 kpbs and on 3G 483 kpbs to 1180 kpbs, so does the 4G icon in the status bar mean that I am catching 4G??

Lastly, I turned on my Wi-Fi widget on, how do I know if wifi is on or not besides the widget lighting up green??

Thanks.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ogm..this new update killed my phone..am taking dead..like a brick..after the update..my phone turned off and i've not been able to turn it back on..even when i plug the charger in i get nothing..not even the charge light...what is this about ?..am calling sprint now..anyone else having problems with this new update ?

Yes, some people are, read through the topic.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have not received any update notices as of 4:23PM EST here in NJ. Does it download automatically without me doing anything, or do I answer yes to download when and if the OTA notification comes.
It will come, but it might be a while, or you can check it manually.

Also, I flipped the 4G widget on yesterday, just curious and I was able catch 4G signal here in Northern New Jersey, 6/27 4:30PM tested speeds from 1805 kpbs to 2701 kpbs and on 3G 483 kpbs to 1180 kpbs, so does the 4G icon in the status bar mean that I am catching 4G??
Yes

Lastly, I turned on my Wi-Fi widget on, how do I know if wifi is on or not besides the widget lighting up green??

Thanks.
There will also be a wifi icon at the top, like the 4g one.

ejc1214

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Battery life has improved for me. I recharged after the PTA update and I am sitting on 87% after 4 hours. I would normally be at that number after an hour or so. I think we are onto something here!

Kimcheenation

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
It will come, but it might be a while, or you can check it manually.

Yes

There will also be a wifi icon at the top, like the 4g one.

I take it if I turn on wifi and dont have a wifi connection in my home I wont get any wifi icon in the status bar right?

Thank you for your quick response :)

adave

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone seeing a slower speed over 3G? Using the speed test app, I am seeing a significant decline in speed.

6/27 @ 8:38PM: 1083 DL, 447 UL
6/28 @ 5:04PM: 308 DL, 25 UL

I tried using two different servers (Manchester, NH and Rochester, NY) and seeing similar slow speeds.

90Awdsm

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately For me, My issue with the Older Text Messaging Scrolling is still there after the update!

Other then that, All good here!

Kimcheenation

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone seeing a slower speed over 3G? Using the speed test app, I am seeing a significant decline in speed.

6/27 @ 8:38PM: 1083 DL, 447 UL
6/28 @ 5:04PM: 308 DL, 25 UL

I tried using two different servers (Manchester, NH and Rochester, NY) and seeing similar slow speeds.

I tested at 4:30PM today on 3G and were getting anywhere from 413-1013 kpbs download and 189-638 upload (server in TN). I am located in NJ.

I also tested 4G here in NJ since I am able to catch a 4G signal (don't know how) since NJ was not on the list to get 4G, YET! and what is weird is that on 4G test shows severe drop 87-200 kpbs download and 961-1050 upload with server in NJ, but with server in TN shows speeds 736-2588 download and 1041-1057 upload.

adave

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I tested at 4:30PM today on 3G and were getting anywhere from 413-1013 kpbs download and 189-638 upload (server in TN). I am located in NJ.

I also tested 4G here in NJ since I am able to catch a 4G signal (don't know how) since NJ was not on the list to get 4G, YET! and what is weird is that on 4G test shows severe drop 87-200 kpbs download and 961-1050 upload with server in NJ, but with server in TN shows speeds 736-2588 download and 1041-1057 upload.

Interesting. I just tested some servers much futher away from me (I'm in Boston) and the speeds are dramatically better. DL 1080 UL 800. So maybe there are issues with the SpeedTest servers near by to Boston.

kkacatin

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow this update is amazing! Granted I flashed the stock ROM ([ROM]RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6 - xda-developers) before updating as I was experimenting with custom ROMs.

My memory is around 200MB free as apposed to having around 115-150MB before the update with or without stock ROM. Granted I am using Advanced TAsk Cleaner 2.0 to manage my running apps.

This is the fastest EVO so far and I have tried overclocking it as well.

tadtam

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had a few app screw up, but removed them and then reloaded them which cured problem.

Just tried EasyTether and it still works fine..

Kimcheenation

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow this update is amazing! Granted I flashed the stock ROM ([ROM]RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6 - xda-developers) before updating as I was experimenting with custom ROMs.

My memory is around 200MB free as apposed to having around 115-150MB before the update with or without stock ROM. Granted I am using Advanced TAsk Cleaner 2.0 to manage my running apps.

This is the fastest EVO so far and I have tried overclocking it as well.

How do I check how much memory I have left?

ohseedee

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I wish I didn't get so excited and update prior to reading...now I have no more wireless tether. I just installed PDANet, which should hold me over while UnrEVOked gets updated.

TXSpazz

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The signal strengths are good hard numbers, the speeds aren't really. Anything could be causing your connection speed to the outside internet to drop, including the kid next door torrenting.

Judging from the speed test here on my desktop the old Internet is a tad slow right now. I normally run about 26 up and down. But I don't think it's enough to cause what I saw testing on the wifi.

reshp1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Not super impressed with this update. It supposedly fixed issues I didn't really have, or didn't mind. Now some apps don't look/work right. Looks like they did something with zoom level or something, games are showing at weird resolutions (text smaller, default zoom more, squashed windows).

Specifically.

1. Paper Toss - gets stuck on main menu. The whole screen is squashed to the bottom 3/4 of the screen and no touch inputs register

2. Barrage - Noticed text size is now smaller, and explosions animations get "stuck" on the screen. Like the flames should go away after the missles explode but don't

3. Tower Raiders - Resolution seems screwed up, the game graphics are zoomed in too much. If you zoom out then the projectiles don't line up with the weapons shooting them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1