Official 6/28 Update Thread - Discuss Here

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Yep, I cannot upload videos to Youtube. Even though the video file is only 202MB, it tells me it can't upload video files over 1GB. It's not even close to 1GB. Why can't people at Sprint or HTC get things right before they release it?

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I never apply updates immediately. Here's my take on the (pulled) update having read lots of threads today. Given that I don't really need any of the fixes, I'm not giving up my rootable phone for now. Personally if I updated, I'd hard reset the phone and start clean and proper. If the widgets get busted, who knows what else is broken, but not visible ...

Improvements:

1) fixes screen sensitivity / grounding issue
2) fixes scrolling smoothness / snap to top
3) fixes EAS numeric password reboot loop
4) wifi N
5) proximity sensor is now disabled for BT headset

Downsides:

1) kills unrevoked (no ShootMe, no wireless tether, etc)
2) stock android launcher gone

Things that don't really make a difference:

1) changed the signal dB strength reported by wifi making people feel more fuzzy inside.
2) removed stock wallpapers -- but you can go DL them back.
3) fixed no-sleep issue for people that could have done a hard reset, but didn't.

Last edited:

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed if this is fixed??...
A bug in the Calendar app, where u open an existing GoogleCalendar "all day" event for editing, and it changes the event date on the event details screen?

That is the most annoying thing!!! Apparently it's still broken.

Last edited:

luv2byte

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I swear this never worked on my phone. It works now. I always had to open my morning newegg email, then click the link to open the web version in order to get it to open sideways in the web browser.

It depends on which way you turn it - clockwise, no change, couter clockwise it go to landscape.

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I feel bad for all of you having issues. I got the update first thing this morning and all appears to be working fine. And I'm getting CRAZY good battery life. Haven't put it on the charger since I left for the office this morning and 12 hours later I'm at 50%. I didn't even plug it in when I was doing the update. And this is with the stock battery, not my Seidio.

sonso

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I stand corrected, WOW! Unrevoked no longer works... That sucks. I can no longer use "Shoot Me"... sucks.

Have to wait on a new simple way to root.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I see a battery improvement but the wi-fi strength is still weak as it was before... a lot of my widgets and apps didn't work anymore.. "shoot me" is now saying that my Evo has to be rooted to use that app...

pretty crappy update if you ask me...

Oh and also... I no longer have the option to run "stock android" anymore when I clear the default launcher... I only have a choice of HTC Sense and Launcher Pro...

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why people think they can speak for the "majority" of people who have this phone. If you had problems, it's too bad. Some of them seem to be self-inflicted while others are obviously genuine problems with the way the update was implemented.

I'm like a lot of people who did the update and didn't have any major problems. The only issue I did have is with third party widgets that needed to be redone on the home screens. The standard HTC widgets were fine. My EVO has not had any problems since day one and I have seen improvements from the update that make it even better.

I hope the people with problems get them resolved.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
So after trying to resolve this by going to 2 Sprint stores, the Radio Shack I purchased it from and horrible Sprint CS over the phone I am now stuck with no EVO for an indefinate amount of time :mad: With such rude CS I'm about to cancel my account and join Verizon. I am not pleased...
No need for Shenaniguns.

Just return it within your 30 day period and move on. Take care.

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I use the htc music player heavily each day and have the widget set on one of my home screens. Since getting the update, it has unexpectedly stopped twice as if I were getting an incoming call but nothing would happen and it would just stop. This has NEVER happened prior to the update. Anyone else have this issue? Oh and both times, the phone was stationary and sitting on a table or counter.

jeeves5454

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Count me in as one of the people seeing problems. The WiFi and wimax radios no longer exist for the device. Battery usage does not appear greatly improved, and for some odd reason AVRCP Bluetooth controls no longer work.

Phone was not rooted and only applied the patch once. I was way too eager to have a working WiFi connection, now there is nothing there. If they can't fix this, then iI will have to cancel until new stock comes in or Droid X is available.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Count me in as one of the people seeing problems. The WiFi and wimax radios no longer exist for the device. Battery usage does not appear greatly improved, and for some odd reason AVRCP Bluetooth controls no longer work.

Phone was not rooted and only applied the patch once. I was way too eager to have a working WiFi connection, now there is nothing there. If they can't fix this, then iI will have to cancel until new stock comes in or Droid X is available.

What do you mean by "WiFi and wimax radios no longer exist for the device"???

Please explain?

CaryTheLabelGuy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i updated this morning(only once). And the only issue i saw was the thrid party widgets got wacked. I trashed them, then re-installed them on the home pages and all is well.

I have noticed greatly improved battery life, phone is actually faster and smoother, WiMax is actually much faster in my area(Jacksonville). I am able to get a consistent 6-10mbps since the update. I was only averaging 3-6 mbps before. Wireless tethering still works over 4G as does normal tethering(which I'm doing as i write this).

It sucks that this update didn't work for some. Sprint is replacing my phone tomorrow due to screen lifting issues(light escaping lower left corner), but i'm almost tempted to keep my 002 hardware version Evo, just because it's working great and has the new, working update.

I'm sure this will get worked out soon, Sprint and HTC are not going to let this bring them down. The Evo is the hot ish and Sprint can't afford to loose the momentum gained with the release of their 4G network and the Evo.

Here is a screen shot of a 4G speedtest i took earlier. This is right in the middle of what i've seen since this am, after the update. This is with only 2 bars of 4G reception too.
122406905.jpg

edit: link wont work for screenshot. It was 9.23mbps.

Last edited:

Lupevalenz#AC

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I've read through the problems and been testing them out and thankfully, none of that appears to made it on my Evo. I don't root or anything, just a stock Evo. Oh but yeah, that calendar bug...that is annoying :(

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Sprint in the bay area told me they are checking some of these bricked phones and seeing if the phone was tampered with before the update. Be careful guys.

AngryCPA

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can't comment on the battery life after only a day, seems the same to me. Phone definitely seems snappier though, not as much lag. Wifi reception seems slightly better for me. Just one mans observations, ymmv :D

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Silly question, but did you power cycle and battery pull?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude