Camera and contacts problems

flyinb501

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a used Evo 4G, and I'm loving it so far. Came from an LG Optimus S. Anyway, I'm having a problem with the camera. It looks like it is using a special effect or something, and I can't figure out how to make it normal. Or maybe it is broken. I'll attach a sample pic.

Also, I can't get just "my contacts" from my google account to show up. It shows every single contact I've ever had. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Your EVO's camera is broken if after you do this step and doesn't fix it: Settings>Apps>Manage Apps>Camera>Clear Data.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Try pushing the back of the lens. The EVO is known to have problems with the lens "popping" out. If this doesn't work, you may have to take it to a repair shop.

As far as contacts, it sounds like you need to log in to your gmail and clear out some old contacts. It will sync to your Google contacts whatever is in your gmail contact list.

flyinb501

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Try pushing the back of the lens. The EVO is known to have problems with the lens "popping" out. If this doesn't work, you may have to take it to a repair shop.

As far as contacts, it sounds like you need to log in to your gmail and clear out some old contacts. It will sync to your Google contacts whatever is in your gmail contact list.

The lens trick worked, thanks!

Well, you know when you go into your Gmail contacts you have "my contacts", "other contacts", whatever groups you have, etc? Well it looks like the phone has synced not only "my contacts", but "other contacts" as well. Other contacts includes anyone who has ever emailed you or anything. I only have 296 contacts under "my contacts", but when I go into my phone contacts, under google it shows 663 contacts. I only want it to sync "my contacts".

flyinb501

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Never mind, I figured out the contacts issue. I just went in and deleted all the "other contacts", and merged all the duplicates in "my contacts". Thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge