Facebook for HTC Sense Synch Live Feed & Sync Contacts

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The Facebook for HTC Sense application has an option to synce live feed and then one to sync contacts. Before this update, I noticed that everytime it synced, it would also force the google sync to kick in and that, for some reason, made the google sync take much longer...minutes actually. This was draining the battery, so I turned off the HTC for Facebook syncs. Now, with the new update, I noticed that it still forces the google syncs but it goes much faster.

I figure the live feed sync is for the friend stream, but I am not sure what the sync contacts option is for HTC Sense. What does it exactly sync?

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
It syncs the pictures, events, and updates for your contacts in the "people" app that are linked (top right corner with link on it in contacts details) with the facebook app.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
...but I am not sure what the sync contacts option is for HTC Sense. What does it exactly sync?

Seriously? I'm speechless right now. I'm trying hard not to be a d bag about your message, but did you read it? It SYNCS your CONTACTS. It takes your Google/Phone contacts and syncs/adds their Facebook info and "links" it to them.

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? I'm speechless right now. I'm trying hard not to be a d bag about your message, but did you read it? It SYNCS your CONTACTS. It takes your Google/Phone contacts and syncs/adds their Facebook info and "links" it to them.

But if they've already been synced can you turn it off without losing all of your synced data?

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Oh wait, I see that you can just un-select sync contacts. I don't know why they just don't have an option of never in the frequency drop down.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It appears that the status updates below the names on the People application continue to update once you turn off sync contacts. So, is it just that it does not bring down new Facebook contacts once it is turned off?

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I may have been mistaken on my last post. A status update did not change under one of my contacts until I had the facebook for htc sense sync contacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv