06-29-2010 01:58 PM
28 12
tools
    Not the WiFi. I know the wireless "N" is active now. But, the system as a whole is running faster now. Plus the battery life is much improved. Is anyone else seeing this or should I cut back on the pain meds? (Not rooted, stock ROM).
    06-28-2010 05:06 PM
    no haven't noticed anything extreme.
    06-28-2010 05:12 PM
    my phone seems to perform about the same, but I didnt really have any issues to begin with. wifi seems to be marginally better
    06-28-2010 05:34 PM
    Yeah mine is about the same.. I see no major upgrade in speed (WiFi or 3G)
    06-28-2010 06:34 PM
    For me Sense seems to be a lot snappier. My Wi-Fi signal seems to be a lot stronger now, and the range is far better then before. It also seems battery drain is a lot slower.
    06-28-2010 07:08 PM
    Mine seems to be much smoother all around, my wifi is showing better, not drastic, but a little, but my battery life is WAAAAY better. I messed with it A LOT today, while streaming Pandora ALL DAY LONG and at the end of 9 hours, when I turned off Pandora to head home, I was still at 62%. I had wifi on all day, run a live wall paper and don't run a task killer and have my background info on as well as enable always on mobile data.

VERY happy with the upgrade.
    06-28-2010 08:07 PM
    Not the WiFi. I know the wireless "N" is active now. But, the system as a whole is running faster now. Plus the battery life is much improved. Is anyone else seeing this or should I cut back on the pain meds? (Not rooted, stock ROM).

Where do you find the wireless "N" now active in the settings?
    06-28-2010 08:20 PM
    i still havent charged my phone since taking it off the charger at 5:30 a.m.(EST). Did the update around 4:30 p.m.. So tomorrow when i wake up and start my day, i'll see if i notice any different. As for the UI, does seem smoother!
    06-28-2010 08:39 PM
    I wouldn't know... I have no available updates...
    06-28-2010 08:45 PM
    I was never sent this update. How do I update my evo if I haven't been notified yet?
    06-28-2010 08:45 PM
    I was never sent this update. How do I update my evo if I haven't been notified yet?
    I wasnt notified either even though my phone was set too. But just go to setting>system updates>HTC software update.
    It takes like 5-10 mintues with wifi
    06-28-2010 08:51 PM
    As soon as I downloaded the update and it installed, I recharged the battery. It looks like it is going to be much better than before but I'll need to go another day or two to really test it. Wifi is a little better but not a huge difference as far as I can tell (but it was ok for me anyway)
    06-28-2010 09:01 PM
    Where do you find the wireless "N" now active in the settings?
    I have seen posting after posting about the wireless N. There isn't a setting I can find that says it is on or off. But the Evo does tell you the speeds you are connected to. If you are above say 45mb and you are using encryption on wireless G, then you are most likely on N. If you are over 54, you are on N.

But, I set my router to use N only. So no B, or G active. My laptop that is G lost connection. The Evo on the other hand, still was able to connect to my network. And I was getting over 13mb downloads using the Speedtest.net app.

Which is pretty good for a hand held device. My Laptops top out about there. One using G and the other N. My PC is getting 20mb+ down though, and it is connected N. But when you have a quad core running at 3ghz, liquid cooled, 2 GeForce 250 video cards and 8gb RAM, things seem to run quicker. I can post a pic of it with the black lights on making the hoses for the liquid cooling glow.
    06-28-2010 10:53 PM
    My phone is running faster and my battery is holding up like a champ. 11 hours in and I'm at 70%.
    06-28-2010 11:08 PM
    Ok my WIFI definitely was getting better range but wasn't really faster. I turned the phone off, popped the battery out and turned it back on and now I'm getting a good 3mbps more and the range is still there too. Sweet. As far as the UI I've seen some people say that it's more zippy but not mine. About the same at best. My battery SEEMS to be better. ERDude did you hard reset your phone or you just updated and that's it? Reason i ask is some people are saying they did a hard reset to get the better battery life.
    06-29-2010 12:11 AM
    It may be just in my head, but it seems like my battery is lasting longer.
    06-29-2010 12:17 AM
    for me battery life is MUCH improved, it used to die by 10:00 ish and i haven't put it in the charger and its still at 30%, i'm still trying to get it to drain all the way to calibrate my battery widget....

WiFi is no difference to me, although i never did have a problem with the range...

phone does seem a little bit snappier, but maybe thats because i took off my phantom skin lol
    06-29-2010 12:53 AM
    Wifi seems a bit better. Battery life might seem a bit improved. Actually I think it might've gone down but will need further testing. One thing I noticed that is missing is the Android Wallpapers. Any idea where that might be?
    06-29-2010 01:57 AM
    Mine seems to be running a tad quicker. For instance, loading 'running services' and 'manage applications' is done in a fraction of the time.
    06-29-2010 06:09 AM
    The camera is much improved. The photos seem less grainy and the video is alot smoother and does not have the choppiness that it had before
    06-29-2010 07:09 AM
    I see no differenece in Wifi at all. Still a single bar if any. A speed difference in the OS? Not noticeable. I will see about the battery today after taking it off the charger early this morning. I must not have had any of the widgets that didn't work. After my update I all my widgets were there and working. Only thing I noticed was the missing wallpapers.
    06-29-2010 07:22 AM
    I think there's a lot of placebo effect going on here.
    06-29-2010 07:40 AM
    I have seen a nice increase in speed and smoothness of the interface and now get solid 3 bars WiFi all over my house where it would drop to 1 in many areas but never as high as 3. Wonderfully update!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    06-29-2010 07:49 AM
    I definitely feel that the whole Sense UI is fast and snappier. I am HAPPY!
    06-29-2010 07:59 AM
    I think there's a lot of placebo effect going on here.
    Not for me. Loading 'manage applications' and 'running services' for example as I stated early is much faster. Noticeably faster.
    06-29-2010 08:21 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD