Over 2GB of data used!!

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thread post of I got with a massive bill because I tethered without a tethering plan and didn't use common sense in 3-2-1.........

Dude, you can tether without a tethering provision and Sprint doesn't care, but you have to use common sense. 20GB's a month is going to get their attention.

So true, so true.

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Thread post of I got with a massive bill because I tethered without a tethering plan and didn't use common sense in 3-2-1.........

Dude, you can tether without a tethering provision and Sprint doesn't care, but you have to use common sense. 20GB's a month is going to get their attention.

Exactly...that's the type that all carriers are looking to rid themselves of. Abusing the system will cost us all. If people want to tether that much you need to fork over the $30 extra.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site

I disagree. I've been doing this for over a year without any problems.

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site

See that worries me, I've used 12GBs according to Sprint's website and I haven't tethered one bit! I still have an aircard I use for things like that. So... hopefully I don't get in trouble for something I didn't do... It's what that 10/month data add-on is for anyways right?

boomhower1820

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
See that worries me, I've used 12GBs according to Sprint's website and I haven't tethered one bit! I still have an aircard I use for things like that. So... hopefully I don't get in trouble for something I didn't do... It's what that 10/month data add-on is for anyways right?

Then you are fine. Your use is high but you are within the TOS. Data use is unlimited when used by your phone and not tethering.

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Then you are fine. Your use is high but you are within the TOS. Data use is unlimited when used by your phone and not tethering.

Yea, thats what I figured.. I don't get how I could use so much data though, been surfing the net a bit more, but I don't watch too many videos, I'm a boring guy that just does email, web and calendaring half the time :p

Just wondering, you from PreCentral? Your handle seems familiar...

boomhower1820

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Yea, thats what I figured.. I don't get how I could use so much data though, been surfing the net a bit more, but I don't watch too many videos, I'm a boring guy that just does email, web and calendaring half the time :p

Just wondering, you from PreCentral? Your handle seems familiar...

Yep, I spend some time on there as well. I am on a ton of forums and use the same handle pretty much everywhere it was still available(it's boomhower1820 if this one was already taken) so you will likely run into me other places as well.

PWBarrett

May 8, 2010
Visit site
On my Sprint bill, it just shows 38MB used, even though I know I've downloaded at least a gig. All I can figure is that the site shows 3G data and not 4G.
You folks that are seeing gigs of data usage, was that 3G?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
On my Sprint bill, it just shows 38MB used, even though I know I've downloaded at least a gig. All I can figure is that the site shows 3G data and not 4G.
You folks that are seeing gigs of data usage, was that 3G?

I've used both, but I know I've downloaded on 3G in apps alone way more than it's reporting.

Not sure what's going on there.

itchypalms#AC

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
still pissed about 10$ more a month

Still using the same amount of bandwidth with my EVO as my Pre did...

Around 1GB a month... Well under the old cap of 5GB a month.

I B1tch at Sprint it (every single courtesy call) and they still try to justify the additional charge with "It is because it has a faster processor and a larger screen". I pick their arguement apart every time and they end up agreeing with me at the end yet they still charge me and I still pay it like an idiot. I know, I fail. It's a great phone but Sprint can't justify the 10$ a month unless they charge it for going over the old cap of 5GB. They should at least lie to me again and tell me that my 10$ a month goes into a fund with would bring 4G to Memphis but its probably going to pay for some Exec's kid college.

Does Comcast charge me 10$ a month because my Asus motherboard has a faster processor and my Samsung Monitor is HDMI? NO, they don't because that would be ludacris.

Super Noob

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

Worrying about 20Gbs/month means you're ignoring the "unlimited" in Sprint's "unlimited data".

turbodude

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
4748667896_bf0bb90cc7.jpg

4G + wifi tether + airshare on Ipad = lots of data. lol

my average data usage used to be 12-15GB normally (touch pro 2), and much more texts, but i went on Vacation this month.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
WOW... in 7 days (Since my bill started for this month) I am at 1.85 GB with 24 days remaining in the month.... Only 1 "Any time" minutes but my mobile to mobile minutes are at 188 so far in 7 days (Love the Any Mobile, Any time plan) I am going to guess they count night and weekend mobile to mobile minutes under just Mobile to Mobile since my nights and weekends is reading "ZERO" so far. 418 text messages and 12 picture mail....

Glad I didn't stay with the iPhone and get on one of those capped data plans... I would be SCREWED right now..... Minutes and data.....

heyeng

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
From Jun 4 to the 28th, I used 5.8 GB. Tethering just a little (less than 3 hours) but streaming radio about 3-4 hours a day.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown