Is Sprint ever gonna get more Evos?

RocketJeff

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Keep looking, they are available. I bought mine at my local Best Buy a week ago - the last one they had.

My wife liked my Evo so much that she wanted one too (she hadn't upgraded her phone for three years...) that we went back 2 days ago and they still didn't have any more. The manager called around to the local stores and one of them still had 6 in stock (two closer stores were out also). A 10 mile drive later and my wife had her Evo also. :)

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
time to go to bestbuy.com and sprint.com find all the local stores and call em up. you never know. Also, i've seen small mobile stores post their stuff on craigslist with same prices.

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am on waiting lists at 4 local Sprint stores since last week. I am #5 at one of them so crossing my fingers for this week.....

nags#AC

Jun 24, 2010
www.the-nags.com
why would you get them from sprint and have to deal w/ mail in rebates?

I figure I'd have a better chance of getting the latest batch with the screen issues and all that fixed by getting it direct. I also have a corporate account and have to modify my contract via someone on the corporate end, and not in a store

dwilli

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Ive been waiting weeks and I was hoping to get one by this Friday. Hurry up, Sprint!

Go to Best Buys website, pick "locations" and start calling the closest one. I ended up going to the 4th one and it was worth it. No rebates to hassle with and they usually know more about Sprint's plans and phones than any Sprint employee.
IT'S WORTH IT.

rebus66

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just joined Sprint a few weeks ago so I'm in the 30 day timeframe to return my original phone. I was told that I had to go through Sprint or a Sprint store and not BB or RS since I was such a new customer.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I figure I'd have a better chance of getting the latest batch with the screen issues and all that fixed by getting it direct. I also have a corporate account and have to modify my contract via someone on the corporate end, and not in a store

oh, gotcha we had to do the same, we ordered day before they came out got them on the monday after it was launched. mine is a 003 one which should be latest batch.

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I just joined Sprint a few weeks ago so I'm in the 30 day timeframe to return my original phone. I was told that I had to go through Sprint or a Sprint store and not BB or RS since I was such a new customer.

If you bought it at bb or rs then you return to those locations. Sprint stores or online will not take returns from other retailers.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro

nags#AC

Jun 24, 2010
www.the-nags.com
Yea.. Mine is actually an old employee account thats been highly modified over the years. So I can only deal with the corporate guys who have the access to do the same for my new contract.

rebus66

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If you bought it at bb or rs then you return to those locations. Sprint stores or online will not take returns from other retailers.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro

I actually got the original phone from Sprint. Since they are evo-less right now, I thought I'd try rs or bb. Sprint says no problem, rs and bb say I'd lose my # and I can't do that. Don't know who to believe!

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea.. Mine is actually an old employee account thats been highly modified over the years. So I can only deal with the corporate guys who have the access to do the same for my new contract.

The person here who is in charge of our Sprint Account called in to complain about her HTC Evo about 2 weeks ago because her battery kept having issues, she had a palm pre previouslly and because she called in and complained they gave us free mobile hotspot on our 3 evo lines and some sort of discount that saved us $200. Supposively from what she told me, the rep told her they have a new deal that's better than the simply everything plan. But idk if it was BS to keep her business. but hey, now i have free hotspot.

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying the local BB and Radio Shack here and havent found any. I'm actually thinking about pre-ordering the white one just to get an Evo. Could care less about the back cover at this point.

tyrus812

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried calling sprint and ordering it through them? I called and upgraded from my pre 3 weeks ago and got my phone in the mail 2 days later

BigAinCA

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Last time I checked EVOs at Sprint were on back order. I called in to check where I stood on my replacement. They told me that I was about #27 out of 35 on the list for my area.

jdub#AC

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey, on a fluke I decided to call the local Best Buy's to see if they had any in, and they did. The guy told me they weren't necessarily allowed to advertise that they had more (not sure why). I was supposed to get my upgrade 7/1 and all this happened on 6/26. I knew they weren't going to be able to keep them in stock that long (when the guy told me he had 3, and I said I'd come in the next day, he actually laughed), so after a friendly chat with Sprint's National Sales Department, they let me upgrade early.
You never know, you might get lucky and your local BB might have them.

gikim1118

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I got mine the same way. Just on a whim, I started calling Radio Shack and BB's around me to see if they had one. RS had one left and he held it for me. He said they've been getting 4-6 Evo's a week pretty steadily.