Did anyone have any success working out an exchange via mail to swap out their faulty device for screen lifting/light leakage?

I'm on chat right now with a rep and I'm getting a lot of hesitation of having a new replacement device mailed to me. I find this unacceptable.

I'm being told to go to the store. No store around me has any in stock. So I'm not going to go to a store and be put on a list. I'm in my 30 day window.

So yeah, anyone else have this hesitancy with sprint online?
    06-29-2010 12:06 PM
    Try the phone. I think the chat people are very limited in what they can do. They're largely just following a script. On the phone, be polite, and if the CSR says they can't do that, ask politely if you might be able to talk to a supervisor.
    06-29-2010 02:37 PM
    Talked to phone support this morning and got the same response, it is against sprint policy to exchange the phone anywhere but where you bought it and Sprint Stores and Sprint Telesales are twp completely different departments.

Basically within your 30 days if you bought it from the store you are going to have to return it to the store, no matter what. After 30 days you can return it via mail, but you might get a refurb. I was also told if you were on the waiting list at the store before your 30 days was up they would honor it and get you the replacement even if they got the stock after your 30 days was up.
    06-29-2010 02:42 PM
    I got the issue resolved.

I told them that if I had to go back into a sprint store to put my name on a list that I was just going to return it and repurchase the EVO at my local radio shack.

I talked to the rep for 30 minutes trying to get a new replacement issue shipped to me. Kept getting the run around to go to the store. Well every store is out of stock. So I just got fed up and said I would just return the phone.

At that moment they replied with, I understand you need your handset and we'll ship you a replacement when they get more in stock... I was fine with that the entire time. I didn't need a new one that moment. I was fine waiting until more were in stock....

All in all I will have a replacement shipped to me when they get more in.

I'm returning because of light leakage. When I first bought the phone I had none. Now I have some and I think the screen is slowly lifting. I can press down on the bottom and see it retract a bit. So it's obviously lifting. I'd rather exchange for a new handset before the problem becomes a bigger one.

So now I have the risk of getting one with even more light leakage, a bad pixel or something of those sorts.

We'll see. If I get one that's worse I'm sending it right back to them. I paid a lot of money, I expect a good product regardless of how many returns I have to do.

Just thought I would update everyone.
    06-29-2010 05:12 PM
    Thanks, I'll retry tonight or tomorrow because I am having the same exact problem.

BE CAREFUL tho! Sprint has come a long way in recent years and now has excellent CS, but I was a subscriber back when a rep would tell you ANYTHING to make you happy and then do absolutely nothing. Back then I wouldn't put it past them for a second to tell you that and then wait until after your 30 days and say that they never told you that, i'm just being paranoid but you might want to do a follow up in the next day or so to be sure.
    06-29-2010 05:18 PM
    I made sure to stress the 30 day period thing and he market my account and told me not to worry about it. I also had the transcript emailed to me so I think I will be okay.
    06-29-2010 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD