Anyone else noticed this problem? My Gmail and Google Apps accounts on my HTC EVO seemed to have stopped "pushing" as they used to. I wake in the morning and look at my phone and it says there are no emails on it. Then I hit refresh and 20+ show up. It has been like through the last week at the very least.

Is this a network problem? Google problem? Phone problem? Am I the only one??
    06-29-2010 12:50 PM
    Anyone else noticed this problem? My Gmail and Google Apps accounts on my HTC EVO seemed to have stopped "pushing" as they used to. I wake in the morning and look at my phone and it says there are no emails on it. Then I hit refresh and 20+ show up. It has been like through the last week at the very least.

Is this a network problem? Google problem? Phone problem? Am I the only one??
    You might want to check the Settings->Accounts & Sync->Auto-sync option. I don't remember unchecking this on my device but at some point it did become disabled. I then checked the option and received my gmail alerts. Worth a shot!
    06-29-2010 12:55 PM
    I just checked and it was still enabled. I unchecked and then re-checked it to see if that does anything but I am doubting it. Looking at hte Android section on Google help seems to indicate others are seeing the issue.
    06-29-2010 01:08 PM
    Nope; in the last 15 minutes I have gotten four emails in my Gmail account but they have still not pushed to my phone.
    06-29-2010 01:11 PM
    Really, no one else is seeing this issue? Any other trouble shooting ideas?
    06-29-2010 05:02 PM
    did you kill GTalk from running in the background? Gmail needs GTalk running for Push Email. it's OK to sign out and choose "no auto sign in" to save battery life. just don't kill the app from running.
    Vigile likes this.
    06-29-2010 05:14 PM
    Hmm, I didn't see it running but I started it. I haven't heard that Talk is needed for push...what sense does that make really, huh?

It does seem to have fixed the problem oddly enough though. I had never used GTalk on the phone - wonder if there was some time out that I finally went over?
    06-29-2010 09:28 PM
    you're welcome.
    06-29-2010 09:38 PM
    Yes, thank you! I hope it sticks this way! Loving the phone and my first Android device!
    06-29-2010 09:56 PM
    Just another update - I found an application called "GTalk Service Info" that will allow you monitor and send "heart beats" to Google about the service without running it. Not only does this seem to work for Push email but the app claims this will help with applications not being downloaded.

Not sure if its doing the exact same thing, but it looks pretty light weight.
    06-30-2010 10:35 AM
    IMO just let GTalk do its thing and stop tinkering and then wondering why things go wrong.

99% of problems are due to user error.
    06-30-2010 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD