If anyone is having second thoughts on the EVO, now is your chance.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Some are already saying that they want to jump from the EVO to the next latest and greatest phone...and then the one after that. If another new phone will make you happy, do it now.

Don't get me wrong. I love my EVO. It does everything I had hoped and more.

If you are having problems, doubts, or insecurities, and keep a phone past 30 days, that is your own decision. Don't keep the EVO hoping that some day it get some feature. Make your decision based on the EVO as-is today.

We now return you to your regular programming. :)

Last edited:

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm keeping mine.

The only thing that would make this phone perfect for me would be some GPU love, but that Samsung Epic looks uglier than its brothers on other networks.
On top of that, it mimics the iphone UI... which I don't like too much.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
These phones should NOT be released this early. I was pissed how they handled the PRE and it felt like we were part of a beta test. Now HTC/Sprint push out a firmware update that should have been included on the phone. (countless people are quoting DOUBLE the battery life?!) My battery life is under 8hrs of use per charge and I've yet to get the OTA update either by restarting the phone or trying to force an update in the settings screen.

As much as I'd like to return it- return to the PRE? (No thanks) and wait for what? Go out of contract and pray Droid X isn't released early with just as many issues? 3 year old windows 6 devices have blutooth handsfree voicedial but android has to wait for Froyo?

I'm tired for being cellphone companies' unpaid betatester.

Yahoo can't sync over wifi... just release a phone when everything WORKS for a change.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Some are already saying that they want to jump from the EVO to the next latest and greatest phone...and then the one after that. If another new phone will make you happy, do it now.

Don't get me wrong. I love my EVO. It does everything I had hoped and more.

But if you have problems or doubts and keep a phone past 30 days, that is your own decision...

We now return you to your regular programming. :)

Please point out the latest and greatest phone.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How did you get it for $140? That's $40 less than even BB had it for.

Heck I technically got it for free (depending on your definition of free) In the last year I picked up a new TV, Fridge, Washer and Dryer, Blu-Ray player not to mention all the other DVD/Blu-Rays and what not from Best Buy... I used my reward zone points and it paid for mine.....

back to the Subject of this thread... No I am not having second thoughts and if your going to spend your life chasing technology your never going to be happy. This phone will serve it's purpose for at least the next year. Looking at the Droid X, Epic, Galaxy S line, My Touch Slide, even the iPhone.... They are all very comparable phones up and down... There is nothing that truly stands out and makes them so much better than what is out now... If you had a true race between all that is out now vs all that is coming in the immediate future (July/August) you got a bunch of phones running neck and neck to the finish... Why waste your time swapping/exchanging unless your just totally unhappy with the device and or service provider???????

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
See, I'd be fine with a regular Droid.
The thing can play 3d games better than most other games out right now. It's still one of the better Android phones to date.

So yeah. The Evo would be fine if it had a better integrated GPU (darn you Qualcomm!), and I wouldn't mind using it a year from now.

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
NO WAY. Im keeping the EVO. Mine has been great. Didnt get the update yesterday so no brick. Right now I couldnt imagine switching to anything else.

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am a bit torn at the moment. I got dust under my screen which is annoying and I now have the hairline crack by the power button. If I got these things in a month of use, it will likely happen again if I get a new one. It seems to me that this has no chance of lasting an entire year without some issues.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
See my sig. Those who jump to a new phone tomorrow, will end up being unhappy 3 months from now when the next latest and greatest phone comes out.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I feel the EVO will be a phone I can keep for at least 2 years. I mean who knows what will be available in 2 years but we all can't think like that cause in a few months there will be 1.5ghz processors...etc. Evo will hang around as long as Sprint can show we deserve updates like other handsets. Only thing really upsetting me is the laggy video tests and how smooth the Droid X's processor is compared to the EVO. The EVO should have no problem running as smooth as the Droid X. IDK I am keeping my EVO I love it. I did however love the G1 when it came out as well as my iPhone. I ran over my iphone because It pissed me off so much. Yes, I really did run it over. I still have the pieces ti laugh about it all. I might be crazy.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Lovin' the EVO. Won't change it for anything. Sure, the Epic looks interesting, but that thing is hideous. Looks very cheap to me.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That is exactly how I feel.

I had an iPhone for 2 years... and I would say for the last 18 months I easily regretted it... I tried for the first 6 months to make excuses for AT&T but it quickly worn thin.... Been reading and watching the mobile/smart phone market over the last 9 months or so on what was coming out. Was more than willing to break my contract for the right phone.... The Pre, Hero, Moment, Instinct, HD2 all caught my eye but once I playeda round with them I passed... I can say ever since I picked up my EVO I have been 100% happy with it.. Great phone..

I see here and there leaks on the Moto X, Droid 2, Epic/Galaxy S and even knew the iPhone launch was coming in June (You think Apple can be any more predictable? Major announcement coming in June.... Hmmmm Wonder if it's a new iPhone?) I have had no desire to go look at or play with a single one of those phones... So far the phone has been solid and Sprints service vs AT&T is 100 times better.... No complaints what so ever....

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Easily the best phone i have ever owned, there is so much in the way of customization and the screen, wow, who knew once you get used to it how small everything else looks in comparison, I can never go back! Swype too has changed alot for me,as has Fring and the camera with auto focus... its overall just a great phone, can't imagine what comes next because this one really has everything!

I was a big Pre advocate and now I don't even care about the differences as it was so easy to learn through the EVO -

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm good with the Evo. My wife will probably get the Samsung phone, though. She's been thinking about ditching her Pre, but she's been waiting for an Android phone on Sprint with a keyboard.

kevlars9

May 17, 2010
Visit site
yeah, keeping my evo. big screen, sleek, fast and dare i say sexy. best phone i have ever owned. Add the evo with sprints plans and its a match made in heaven.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03