OMG!!!!!!!!!!

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't even know what to say... No way in heck I would be at #3 or #4 let alone #6.... MAYBE #3 but that would be it........

You got to have the worst luck in the world when it comes to the EVO... Dust under the screen, Bricked Phone, Now an LCD possibly bad......

Maybe you should just wait and get some thing else.... Epic maybe?

I think he means that this is his 6th time having to deal with Sprint about this issue or Sprint/HTC jointly ... Cuz there is no way in HELL that this could be his 6th EVO when people can't even get 1 ... Godspeed OP

Wizzums#AC

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I think he means that this is his 6th time having to deal with Sprint about this issue or Sprint/HTC jointly ... Cuz there is no way in HELL that this could be his 6th EVO when people can't even get 1 ... Godspeed OP
That's probably true, but only because of the shortage. Some people are loyal to their phones beyond my comprehension (not saying it's a bad thing). I think the OP mentioned he used to have a Pre. I'm willing to bet he went through at least 3 or 4 of those.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
That's probably true, but only because of the shortage. Some people are loyal to their phones beyond my comprehension (not saying it's a bad thing). I think the OP mentioned he used to have a Pre. I'm willing to bet he went through at least 3 or 4 of those.

I was a launch day Pre owner myself and went through 4 in the year that I had it but I just didnt want to even reference the Pre in the thread ... lol

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't even know what to say... No way in heck I would be at #3 or #4 let alone #6.... MAYBE #3 but that would be it........

You got to have the worst luck in the world when it comes to the EVO... Dust under the screen, Bricked Phone, Now an LCD possibly bad......

Maybe you should just wait and get some thing else.... Epic maybe?

Yeah that's what the lady at the sprint store said, My launch day evo the cell radio went out, #2 major screen separation,#3 screen separation/bleed, dead pixel and the home button would not light up when charging, #4 major dust/bricked, #5 good phone but the LCD failed.

And I updated at full battery charge on #4 but I did update it twice that's what bricked it. Then #5 was perfect I got it in the afternoon set it up and when I got home I charged it and check for HTC update from the updates menu(just like before) The first update was for the SD card and it went good. Then I checked again and the newest update showed. I then checked the forums to see if it was safe and it was and ran the update. and that's when the LCD failed. Now I'm on #6.

I really am afraid of standing outside while it is storming for fear of getting struck by lightening.

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Uhh... whats the easiest ways to get an easy replacement? My cell radios have been giving me problems, everytime I've gone to Sprint they just did a hard reset and it fixed it, but it keeps coming back. Like I won't be able to receive calls or texts and can't send texts or calls out. (It might also get fixed from turning it on and off, but usually comes back within 30 minutes) I won't even get a dial tone, and all my settings are normal and I'm definitely not in airplane mode. I'm getting kind've sick of hard resetting my device though. The last reset has kept it working for the past day, but I don't want it to come back and end up not being able to replace my phone before the 30 days. Also its fine now, so I can't prove theres anything wrong with it, but I really don't think it won't come back.

Also, none of my buttons (home included) light up when my phone is charging. Is that a problem? I have really bad light bleeding, but they don't replace for that do they?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Most stores keep a few that they do not sell for replacements, and I did have to wait a week on some of them.

Even after 6 I still love this phone, don't blame the phone for my horrible luck.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Uhh... whats the easiest ways to get an easy replacement? My cell radios have been giving me problems, everytime I've gone to Sprint they just did a hard reset and it fixed it, but it keeps coming back. Like I won't be able to receive calls or texts and can't send texts or calls out. (It might also get fixed from turning it on and off, but usually comes back within 30 minutes) I won't even get a dial tone, and all my settings are normal and I'm definitely not in airplane mode. I'm getting kind've sick of hard resetting my device though. The last reset has kept it working for the past day, but I don't want it to come back and end up not being able to replace my phone before the 30 days. Also its fine now, so I can't prove theres anything wrong with it, but I really don't think it won't come back.

Also, none of my buttons (home included) light up when my phone is charging. Is that a problem? I have really bad light bleeding, but they don't replace for that do they?

Yes that is a problem about the home buttons only one of mine did that.

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ooh. I think I might've found a problem. When I press down hard in the bottom left corner of the screen, it creaks a bit and goes down.

Also what is the return policy on batteries and SD cards when you return the phone for a replacement?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Oh and my experience with it has been good, but one guy he kinda made it seem like I was doing this. I got mad a told him that I really don't enjoy driving the 60 miles to replace and then go through the hassle to get it set back up. I bought this phone mainly to have a real nice camera and video recorder with me to record my son, but so far I am missing more of his life exchanging phones.

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh and my experience with it has been good, but one guy he kinda made it seem like I was doing this. I got mad a told him that I really don't enjoy driving the 60 miles to replace and then go through the hassle to get it set back up. I bought this phone mainly to have a real nice camera and video recorder with me to record my son, but so far I am missing more of his life exchanging phones.

You purchased a phone to record to child growing up? :eek: You buy a new oven to heat your house too? Sure, it may work.. but there are better options out there.. :)