Ok this isn't an Evo issue, it's a general Android issue. My sister in law just purchased the new Mytouch Slide from one of her friends. She tried to get into the market and its asking for the password of the previous user. What does she do? Should she do a hard reset and just start the initial setup and start from scratch with her own google account? Or is there a way to get her set up without doing a hard reset? I'm sorry for posting this here and not the Mytouch section but one it's most of a general Android question but above all the Mytouch Slide section is an absolute ghost town lol
    06-30-2010 12:03 AM
    I'd probably hard reset, that gets her phone clean and in optimal condition. it's also good because she'll learn to use the phone a little bit better.

OTOH, you can go into accounts & sync in settings and delete the gmail account and add her own.
    06-30-2010 12:16 AM
    Does this belong in this forum?

I think a hard reset makes sense. Why would you want someone else's laundry?
    06-30-2010 09:02 AM
    I'd probably hard reset, that gets her phone clean and in optimal condition. it's also good because she'll learn to use the phone a little bit better.

OTOH, you can go into accounts & sync in settings and delete the gmail account and add her own.
    Thanks dude. I ended up doing a hard reset. Worked perfect. She loves her phone lol. I'm glad there's another Android to the family! Now I just gotta get my girl away from her blackberry haha.

@npark I know it didn't really belong in this forum, but like I said before (you must have missed it) the Mytouch forums is a ghost town. I never would have gotten any help in there. She was really anxious to get the phone up and running for her so I posted it here. The point of this thread was in fact "how to get rid of someone elses laundry". I just didnt know if there was a way to get rid of everything and strart from scratch without doing the hard reset.
    06-30-2010 02:35 PM
    Well, there's the General Help and How To section... ;-)

But good to know things worked out. =) It's odd that the original owner didn't hard reset before selling it. I'm sure there was some data cached somewhere that might have caused them grief if you or your relative were the identity stealing type of individual...
    06-30-2010 10:30 PM
    Well, there's the General Help and How To section... ;-)

But good to know things worked out. =) It's odd that the original owner didn't hard reset before selling it. I'm sure there was some data cached somewhere that might have caused them grief if you or your relative were the identity stealing type of individual...
    Lol touche... haha seriously I just haven't been thinking clearly lately. I'm on these pains meds for the knee surgery I had an i swear I just can't think straight. I seriously freaked out about 20 minutes ago because my screen turned off and wouldn't turn back on.. Apparently I forgot that I turned it off..
    06-30-2010 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD