How do you guys like it who have it already? I am thinking of getting a slingbox ...can you hook up your evo to a tv through HDMI port with the slingplayer or is that just too good to be true lol tell me about the slingplayer/slingbox to sell me if i should buy it or not...thanks
    06-30-2010 02:34 AM
    No sling player via hdmi output
    06-30-2010 02:44 AM
    Works awesome. On 4g network it will stream close to HD quality from a Slingbox proHD. Love the slingplayer.
    06-30-2010 07:49 AM
    SlingPlayer works great on the EVO. I have an older Slingbox AV so when I launch the app I get a message saying it may not be compatible, but the playback and controls work perfectly.
    06-30-2010 08:04 AM
    Works great for me also. This is one of the main reasons I got the EVO and it is just awesome when using sling.
    06-30-2010 08:33 AM
    I would love an update from sling to allow the HDMI out to work....
    06-30-2010 09:06 AM
    SlingPlayer works great on the EVO. I have an older Slingbox AV so when I launch the app I get a message saying it may not be compatible, but the playback and controls work perfectly.
    Exact same situation for me (although sometimes I don't get that "warning" message, sometimes I do...).

Great app and great picture quality.

I think the only "negative" is that I can't switch the Aspect Ratio of an HD channel to fill the entire EVO screen. But if you have ProHD, you can. If you have an older slingbox (non-HD), I don't believe it's possible. Someone please let me know if I'm missing something here...
    06-30-2010 09:54 AM
    Yeah I don't always get it either. I don't have my Slingbox connected to an HD box so I haven't had an issue with the aspect ratio. I used to, but I was only using a laptop to connect and I was able to change to the correct aspect that way. I don't know if I'd have that issue on the EVO or not.
    06-30-2010 10:16 AM
    Works awesome. On 4g network it will stream close to HD quality from a Slingbox proHD. Love the slingplayer.
    Sure does. Next to get this to my Bimmer control panel.

10-29-2011 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD