How to get an accurate battery reading?

cgg074

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that the EVO doesn't show the exact remaining battery, it only shows 10 bars in the settings menu.

And I've seen how you guys know exactly what % of the battery remains.

How do you do it? Any app? I was looking in the market but there were a lot of comments of apps not working or not reading accurate on the EVO.

Thanks!

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Any app that will show a percentage will work.

People were assuming since the Evo's battery doesn't discharge linearly (losing 10% in a matter of minutes, then losing 4 or 5% over a couple hours) that it was misreading the battery. But any app should be accurate.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Download JuicePlotter! from the Market and use its widget. It'll give you how many minutes you have left on the battery with a percentage of accuracy below it. Also, it'll provide you with a graph of how your battery is being drained. Definitely a must-have!

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Download JuicePlotter! from the Market and use its widget. It'll give you how many minutes you have left on the battery with a percentage of accuracy below it. Also, it'll provide you with a graph of how your battery is being drained. Definitely a must-have!

+1 for Juice Plotter

'Battery Indicator' is another app, which puts an icon in the status bar displaying your current battery level.

I use both.

aimzmarie

May 9, 2010
Visit site
i use *#*#4636#*#*

it's complicated yes but i don't check my battery percentage often. when i'm checking my battery i do also check the other menus to make sure any apps aren't contributing to battery drainage.

i also prefer less apps on my phone. weird i know

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
i use *#*#4636#*#*

it's complicated yes but i don't check my battery percentage often. when i'm checking my battery i do also check the other menus to make sure any apps aren't contributing to battery drainage.

i also prefer less apps on my phone. weird i know

You do know that same Battery Information is present in Home Screen Settings>About Phone right?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It is? Not on my phone. When I go to the settings menu, the closest I see to percentage is the green bar divided into 10 segments. The *# string (or the free Spare Parts app), shows actual battery voltage and percentage as a number.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If your EVO is plugged in, you can go to the desk clock app and it will show the percentage. I don't know why they don't show it when it's not plugged in.

cgg074

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I know this is off-topic, but do you know of a good app to resize images? I have the Photoshop app but it doesn't resize. It only has the cropping feature.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I agree. I also use Battery Life widget, which shows battery temperature, etc.

aimzmarie

May 9, 2010
Visit site
You do know that same Battery Information is present in Home Screen Settings>About Phone right?

there are more options under the *# menu that are not available in the about phone menu.

i have been keeping a watchful eye on my phone in both menus to try and keep battery life at it's best.