Where To Take Your Bricked Evo 4G

FearFormsFunction

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Where To Take Your Bricked Evo 4G

So I read through this article on the front page of Android Central yet I am unclear as to if this applies to devices purchased from third parties. I purchased my phone from Best Buy and they seem to have not the slightest idea as to when they will have any back in stock in the forseeable future. I tried Sprint on Tuesday, but they obviously told me that I was out of luck and had to deal with Best Buy since I'm still within the 30 day span. I would expect Sprint to be willing to replace them since it was after all an update that was approved by them that ended up bricking these phones.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Call retensions and explain that if you dont get one sent out your going to return it. They will order you one im sure

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

FearFormsFunction

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, retentions is usually my last resort. I tend to use that card a little too much though. Seeing as to how they're back in stock online I should definitely take that route once again though.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just go to a Sprint repair center there must be something they can do to fix the broken device at least that is what I got from the article. At this point Sprint knows about the issue and has sent out instructions to there techs on what to do.

Shenaniguns

May 17, 2010
www.thegunvault.org
I will keep it short but I bought it originally from Radio Shack and I bricked mine on the update. I've been bounced around between RS, Sprint's Corporate store/repair center and 8xx Sprint. The end result is that I'm waiting for a replacement EVO to be sent to me on July 9th :eek:

Edit: Oh I was also called into the Sprint Store about a replacement yesterday, then they denied me due to me buying from Radio Shack. :mad:

FearFormsFunction

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I will keep it short but I bought it originally from Radio Shack and I bricked mine on the update. I've been bounced around between RS, Sprint's Corporate store/repair center and 8xx Sprint. The end result is that I'm waiting for a replacement EVO to be sent to me on July 9th :eek:

Edit: Oh I was also called into the Sprint Store about a replacement yesterday, then they denied me due to me buying from Radio Shack. :mad:

So, you will be receiving a replacement from Sprint on the 9th?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The rule is that you go back to where you bought the phone from. One of my Evos was bought at Radio Shack, and it is the one that got bricked by the update. I called Sprint and they were very willing to help and wanted me to get a phone asap, however, I would have had to resort to bringing the phone back to Radio Shack, and then ordering a new one from Sprint. As of yesterday they had (according to the lady I talked to) 3000 in stock. If you check their site today, they are out of stock again.

I finally got called in for my other Evo for which I was waiting for a replacement due to the lifting screen problem, it too Best Buy 2 weeks to get me another one. Besides my new phone, they had about 7 others, all spoken for already with nothing left in stock that a walk in customer could buy.

Wow...they are really hard to get ahold of!

hampstenj

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Seriously how small of orders is Sprint doing of these things! I mean hello you've got a hit on your hands, Sprint better start ordering the evo from HTC 100K at a time to build up supply. cuz while it's popular I don't see 100K sales per day of the EVO, if it is then dang Congrats sprint for sure!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis