Return suggestions?

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I just spent 45 minutes on the phone through various transfers to different people at Sprint trying to get an exchange on my phone. The screen on my Evo is starting to rise, with tons of light leakage, and the MP3 port is starting to malfunction.

I purchased my Evo from Radioshack and Sprint says I have to return it to a RadioShack, well Radioshack is always sold out, and am coming up on my 30 days. I don't want to get stuck with a refurb from Sprint...any ideas what i can do to get a new phone? I stand in line opening day to get one of these and then they want to give me a used phone a month later as a replacement for issues with their hardware.

Sprint told me I should return the phone to radioshack and order it through Sprint to get it shipped in 2-5 days as if not having my phone for that time is no big deal. What. The. Fack.

Sprint customer service is awful...I almost want to cancel just because of it but I LOVE this phone.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I just spent the past hour on three phone with sprint too. My phone won't charge,i purchased it at a sprint corporate store on launch day.the repair centers were telling me the same thing about waiting for a refurbished unit. At first sprint customer service kept saying I had to return the phone to the store.i finally got someone in tech support and I told him to note in my account that I was returning the phone and porting my number, he put me on hold and came back a minute later saying his supervisor authorized shipping me a brand new phone, it should be here tomorrow.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I told them that I was gonna cancel as well, and they sent me to some Escalation Supervisor or something, but they still said in the first 30 days I MUST return to Radioshack. Your must be different because you purchased through Sprint.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
That does stink man, maybe call them and ask them to order the new phone for you, then return the old one tomorrow or the day after

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
So I just spent 45 minutes on the phone through various transfers to different people at Sprint trying to get an exchange on my phone. The screen on my Evo is starting to rise, with tons of light leakage, and the MP3 port is starting to malfunction.

I purchased my Evo from Radioshack and Sprint says I have to return it to a RadioShack, well Radioshack is always sold out, and am coming up on my 30 days. I don't want to get stuck with a refurb from Sprint...any ideas what i can do to get a new phone? I stand in line opening day to get one of these and then they want to give me a used phone a month later as a replacement for issues with their hardware.

Sprint told me I should return the phone to radioshack and order it through Sprint to get it shipped in 2-5 days as if not having my phone for that time is no big deal. What. The. Fack.

Sprint customer service is awful...I almost want to cancel just because of it but I LOVE this phone.

Talk to the manager at the RS you bought it from. They can order you one to exchange.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the op is saying that if he waits for sprint to fix it, they will send out a refurbished unit due to it being past 30 days.

On a side note I was originally pre-ordered through radio shack sure to instant rebates but ended up getting it from the sprint store. Are seeing the hassle sprint gives regarding phones not purchased from them I'd rather wait for the rebate

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If you end up getting the phone (or any phone for that matter) from a 3rd party vendor I highly suggest Best Buy. Reason being is that they offer an insurance plan similar to that of Sprints, but if the phone has issues or defects caught after the 30 day mark, they exchange it for a new phone and not a refurb. Also there is no deductible as well. The only difference is that it costs $9 a month through them versus $7 a month if you use Sprints.

praytorain

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If you end up getting the phone (or any phone for that matter) from a 3rd party vendor I highly suggest Best Buy. Reason being is that they offer an insurance plan similar to that of Sprints, but if the phone has issues or defects caught after the 30 day mark, they exchange it for a new phone and not a refurb. Also there is no deductible as well. The only difference is that it costs $9 a month through them versus $7 a month if you use Sprints.

That isn't the only difference. With Best Buy it is one and done. Use it once and you lose it. Also, I had a phone the was completely broken, smashed is more like it, and it took 2 months before I could get a phone, and the only phone they could give as a loner was not only a dumb phone (not smart) it was horrible in every other way. If you don't mind not having a phone for awhile, then I guess it was okay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke