How is it multitasking if my browser keeps closing out?

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Every time i leave my browser to check an email or message, when i go back to the browser the last page i was on is gone. Any suggestions?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
How is it gone? Do you use the home button and hold it?

Check your windows too. Browser, menu, and windows. Your pages could have often lost here.

mwbtown003

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Make sure if you are going back and forth you are holding down home like Kedar said, hold it down until the multitask window opens. Then you should be able to switch back and forth without it closing. If you are backing out or just tapping home it might be closing your browser.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Make sure if you are going back and forth you are holding down home like Kedar said, hold it down until the multitask window opens. Then you should be able to switch back and forth without it closing. If you are backing out or just tapping home it might be closing your browser.

I dont think it will close it in this case either.

Matter a fact, I can't think of a way to close it without killing it manually... Mine *always* stays open, all the time. And I like it like that. :)

anthonylokrn

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Play with the browser settings also. I think I remember seeing an option to always go back to the home page when the browser is opened.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It shouldn't matter how you leave the browser, as long as you aren't pressing the back key a ton of times.

Are you using a task killer? If you kill the internet task, it can't exactly take you back where it was :p

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Every time i leave my browser to check an email or message, when i go back to the browser the last page i was on is gone. Any suggestions?

What browser are you using? With the default i just checked and there is no option to go back to the homepage on close. also, make sure you dont have a task killer (ATK) they are pointless.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you read the numerous post on task killer? They are not pointless

BAHAHAHAHAHA do you know anything about android/linux?!?!?!? They are pointless. android manages process and apps just fine without your intervention. if apps are idle for a specific period of time and you open up something that needs to resources android will clear up the space that you need. as far are RAM. any RAM not used is wasted RAM. android fills up the stack and leaves about 40-50mb for a comfort zone. your phone is fine running with that alone.

If you dont believe me try it. Delete ATK off your phone and watch how it doesnt use any more battery and preforms just as well if not better then when you were killing needless things and possibly hurting your phone by not shutting done apps/processes gracefully.

genEric122

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
BAHAHAHAHAHA do you know anything about android/linux?!?!?!? They are pointless. android manages process and apps just fine without your intervention. if apps are idle for a specific period of time and you open up something that needs to resources android will clear up the space that you need. as far are RAM. any RAM not used is wasted RAM. android fills up the stack and leaves about 40-50mb for a comfort zone. your phone is fine running with that alone.

If you dont believe me try it. Delete ATK off your phone and watch how it doesnt use any more battery and preforms just as well if not better then when you were killing needless things and possibly hurting your phone by not shutting done apps/processes gracefully.

I am new to Android but have tested this myself and am now a believer... So far my battery has gotten better without killing the many apps that my task killer say's are running.
My O.C.D. is telling me to clean the page of apps but after a couple days test I am convinced.

Super Noob

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I am new to Android but have tested this myself and am now a believer... So far my battery has gotten better without killing the many apps that my task killer say's are running.
My O.C.D. is telling me to clean the page of apps but after a couple days test I am convinced.

Same here. I had the paid, full version of ATK, but I uninstalled it anyway and have been getting about 14 hours of use until I'm down to 10% battery life.

Since I barely got my Evo on Friday (not quite a week yet), it's and/or the battery cycled a few times, the ota update, the removal of ATK that improved battery life.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

:) I hope you love your phone even more now!

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all.. it was ATK that was killing the internet when screen is off. Stupid me for not figuring that out.

I go back and forth about ATK.. and this isnt the thread for it. I just know that when adding ATK i double my battery life. When removing ATK i cut my battery life in half.

That's all i have to say about ATK.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Using the HOME key to cycle between apps and go back and forth to the home screen allows for apps to remain open. If you're using the BACK key to go back to the home screen, it will restart the app when opened.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all.. it was ATK that was killing the internet when screen is off. Stupid me for not figuring that out.

I go back and forth about ATK.. and this isnt the thread for it. I just know that when adding ATK i double my battery life. When removing ATK i cut my battery life in half.

That's all i have to say about ATK.

That's not credit to ATK. Find out what app is killing your battery. Even ATK's creator says it shouldn't be used to save battery life, that's not what it was designed for.

Once you figure out the trouble app, you should have equal power usage.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's not credit to ATK. Find out what app is killing your battery. Even ATK's creator says it shouldn't be used to save battery life, that's not what it was designed for.

Once you figure out the trouble app, you should have equal power usage.

I actually agree with you Vincent Law... spoke to the developer myself. The thing is... I just dont have time to tinker with the phone like this. I've tested this with a phone that has hard reset to stock. ZERO apps installed but ATK. Results were the same.... ATK lasted longer on a stock EVO. It's been almost 4 weeks and I got to get back to living life (not spending all day trying to figure out how to get the most battery life). I'm just happy with the results.

But that's just me... others with more time on their hands can keep tinkering with the phone.