Well,

I have a problem with my Comcast POP mail since the new update.

The Mail program deletes my mail even though I have unchecked the delete mail from server in Settings.

The mail is left on the server if you delete it but leave it in the trash folder. But once you delete the mail from trash folder, it deletes it off the server completely. Is anyone else have a problem with their email, like this? Has anyone even noticed

I know it worked fine before the update.
    07-01-2010 10:33 AM
    You are telling no one has this problem, or did no one check to see?
    07-01-2010 10:54 AM
    One last polite Bump. I am probably going to do a hard reset to see if it corrects the problem, but it might be the update.
    07-01-2010 11:22 AM
    I'm confused, why are you deleting it in the trash from your phone in the first place? couldn't you just delete it from your phone and let it sit in the trash?
    07-01-2010 11:28 AM
    I'm confused, why are you deleting it in the trash from your phone in the first place? couldn't you just delete it from your phone and let it sit in the trash?
    In the trash bin it takes up room in internal memory. That's not the problem though. I have told the mail not to delete from server when trash is emptied. It doesn't work anymore, when it did before the update. Unless you are telling me the trash will empty itself. Go look in your trash bin on your phone and see all your messages.
    07-01-2010 12:13 PM
    In the trash bin it takes up room in internal memory. That's not the problem though. I have told the mail not to delete from server when trash is emptied. It doesn't work anymore, when it did before the update. Unless you are telling me the trash will empty itself. Go look in your trash bin on your phone and see all your messages.

i find it pointless to delete the trash on my phone. when i sync with my work exchange it has to download thousands, yes thousands of emails (i get about 1200 emails a day for work) not including the trash bin and my MEM is fine.

was just curious.
    07-01-2010 12:17 PM
    I just checked it out. The setting for not to delete from server, if checked, once you send your mail to trash it deletes it from the server. If you uncheck the delete from server, then , if you send it to trash it won't delete it from server. But if you empty the trash bin itself, then it deletes it off the server. Very weird. Can anyone else confirm that Android mail is suppose to do it this way. Is this normal that you don't empty the trash bin?
    07-01-2010 12:46 PM
    I just checked it out. The setting for not to delete from server, if checked, once you send your mail to trash it deletes it from the server. If you uncheck the delete from server, then , if you send it to trash it won't delete it from server. But if you empty the trash bin itself, then it deletes it off the server. Very weird. Can anyone else confirm that Android mail is suppose to do it this way. Is this normal that you don't empty the trash bin?
    hahaha, thats a good question i am terrible at remembering to empty it, but that is just a personal habit.
    07-01-2010 12:47 PM
    Anyone else know if this is normal for HTC Mail for Comcast, for the program to delete the email off the server when deleting out of Trash bin, even when delete from server is unchecked?
    07-01-2010 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD