Is this normal battery life ?

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I'm gonna post my battery life all day and you guys tell me if you think it's normal. Thanks in advance.
Btw I use the sedio 1750 battery.

So at 7:50 took it off the charger. Charged overnight.

It is now 9:30 and I'm at 80%. I have received about 20 emails but have not responded to none. I use my iPad for that. I have received 2 and sent 2 text messages. No facebooking no phone calls no web browsing.

I'll keep you guys up to date.

genEric122

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I stopped using my task killer yesterday and got my best ever battery day. I put it back on the charger after 16 hours and still in the green. most of my use is text, 2hours of phone calls and allot of just messing with it. My task killer shows way too many apps running but I didn't kill any of them as they just seem to pop up later and I think that takes more power than leaving them be. Before I was killing them with the widget every time I turned off the screen and getting 8 hours of life most days

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has improved to the point where I normally get about 14 to 16 hours with moderately heavy use. It stays on WiFi most of the day. I use a lot of browsing, texting, and email mainly.

I only use TaskKiller manually when I want to free up some RAM. I rarely do this more than once a day if even that often. It is not set to work automatically.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I'm gonna post my battery life all day and you guys tell me if you think it's normal. Thanks in advance.
Btw I use the sedio 1750 battery.

So at 7:50 took it off the charger. Charged overnight.

It is now 9:30 and I'm at 80%. I have received about 20 emails but have not responded to none. I use my iPad for that. I have received 2 and sent 2 text messages. No facebooking no phone calls no web browsing.

I'll keep you guys up to date.

Are you using a task killer? if so STOP. everytime you use it the phone has to restart those apps burning precious battery/processing power. Let the phone handle the processes like it was designed and you should have any issues.

if you want better battery life. turn off auto sync (or adjust it to only sync the things you need) and background data:

settings --> accounts & sync and uncheck:

background data
auto-sync

(in doing so you will not get automatic gmails, or gvoice messages. If you dont use these then thats fine.)

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a task killer? if so STOP. everytime you use it the phone has to restart those apps burning precious battery/processing power. Let the phone handle the processes like it was designed and you should have any issues.

if you want better battery life. turn off auto sync (or adjust it to only sync the things you need) and background data:

background data
auto-sync

(in doing so you will not get automatic gmails, or gvoice messages. If you dont use these then thats fine.)

Thanks for the advice. I don't use any task killer.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

background data
auto-sync

I had my EVO since launch day and I have been gettting HORRIBLE battery life ... 7 hours max with moderate use .. I was using ATK but ended up uninstalling it ... With the method you prescribed, How does it affect my other email accounts as well as my weather widget and rss feeds

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I can make about 10 hours with light to moderate use. If I use it much I must charge at work or in the car. The battery is by far the weakest link. I wish it was better.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I had my EVO since launch day and I have been gettting HORRIBLE battery life ... 7 hours max with moderate use .. I was using ATK but ended up uninstalling it ... With the method you prescribed, How does it affect my other email accounts as well as my weather widget and rss feeds

Well, if you uncheck auto-sync they will stop completely, BUT i wouldnt recommend that if you still like those APPS. so i would leave auto-sync checked and then you can adjust each app under the auto sync to your liking. For example, i have my weather update every 6 hours (probably should be 12). For the rss feed not sure what your options are, but really why would you just want to refresh it on your own when you care to see it? having it waste battery when you arent even checking it doesnt really make sense.

tomh1102

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow.....I must have really lucked out I just plugged my phone in after 25hrs of moderate use and was in the red but probably had another 3 hours left. I run task killer but I have 4G, WiFi, sync, and bluetooth all turned on with a scoreboard widget, stock market widget and weather widget all running.

Are you people running live wall papers or something?????? if so take that crap off, no need to murder your battery just to watch leaves fall in water.

What kind of reception do you get??? I get 3 bars on average full time and have no battery issues, but if you have 1-0 bars all day than your battery is going to get cooked hunting for a signal all day. This will happen with any phone.

If you do not fit either of those 2 issues than you likely have a corrupt application killing your battery, find it and remove it or you possibly got defective hardware/battery.

I am far from being a lucky person and I am pretty sure that I did not hit the jackpot and get the only EVO that gets 24+ hrs of battery life.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Wow.....I must have really lucked out I just plugged my phone in after 25hrs of moderate use and was in the red but probably had another 3 hours left. I run task killer but I have 4G, WiFi, sync, and bluetooth all turned on with a scoreboard widget, stock market widget and weather widget all running.

Are you people running live wall papers or something?????? if so take that crap off, no need to murder your battery just to watch leaves fall in water.

What kind of reception do you get??? I get 3 bars on average full time and have no battery issues, but if you have 1-0 bars all day than your battery is going to get cooked hunting for a signal all day. This will happen with any phone.

If you do not fit either of those 2 issues than you likely have a corrupt application killing your battery, find it and remove it or you possibly got defective hardware/battery.

I am far from being a lucky person and I am pretty sure that I did not hit the jackpot and get the only EVO that gets 24+ hrs of battery life.

How the hell does an Android Newbie such as myself find which app(s) may be killling the battery ... Is there an App for that ... ( I had to through that in there ) ha ha ha

doxed#AC

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been using an ATK and whitelisted my clock and gmail. it kills every 30 minutes everything else not in use and I haven't noticed any issues. I'm getting great battery life. I took it off the charger at 7AM yesterday and used it moderately (fair amount of email, texts and calls) and I dropped to around 73% by 10PM.

I disabled a lot of the auto-sync except for the weather (every hour). I am however always in very good coverage. At work we have a mini tower in our building and at home I'm somewhat close to a tower.

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I've only have had my evo for a couple days, but the first 2-3 my batter was dying every day. This was probably in part due to heavy usage. However when checking my batter settings, phone idle and cell stand by together used 90% of my batter. After the update the phone lasted 56 hours with medium to mostly light usage. and phone idle and cell stand by used only a couple percent each. The android system used 90%.

danielkogan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
the update improved my battery life by about 40%. Not sure what they did but I can easily go through a day now after continues hard use of the phone. I almost feel strange putting it on a charger when I still have a green light as I'm not used to that. I never use task killers.

They must have done something amazing because its absolutely fantastic now. It's almost as good as my wife's iphone 4 battery. I'm going to try a fay with 4g on to see if I can make it. Wait till Froyo, going to only get better.

Review the evo vs X vs iphone now!!! There will be a big difference in results.

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't use live wall papers and signal fades in and out all day long maybe that's my problem.

Well as of right now I'm at 4hrs 33 min and I am now at 53% with light usage. What do you guys think so far ?

gikim1118

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm at 6 hours and 41 minutes and I am at 59% with medium usage. I'm running a live wallpaper, email widget, pure calendar and weather widget as well. Updated few apps, downloaded a few apps. Played with Google Goggle for about 15 min. So far so good. No task killer

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been off the charger for 7 hours. I have 57% left with very light use. A couple of texts and 1 phone call. No 4G, no Wifi, no bluetooth, no live wallpapers and syncs set to either 4 or 8 hours.

Battery life just sucks. And this is after the update. I think I was better before the update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1