HTC Mail app is broken

wdezell

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
This is an open request to HTC to fix the Mail application (not the GMail app) included with the Sprint HTC EVO 4G. I am using K-9 Mail as a workaround (a powerful app but not as nicely integrated as the HTC mail client).

My scenario: I rely on IMAP access to my company's Dovecot IMAP server and to the US Army's AKO mail system (two different IMAP servers).

Bug 1: The HTC mail client will NOT display smime.p7s-formatted signed messages originating from Army Outlook or Blackberry e-mail clients.

There is a brief pause, a "Downloading" activity indication, and the message "[This mail is still on the server.]" This means I cannot receive e-mail from most of my customers. K-9 has no problem with these messages, nor does Thunderbird on my PC, nor my company webmail client.

Bug 2: The HTC mail client cannot display messages in- nor move messages to any IMAP folder which contains sub-folders. Again, K-9 has no problem with these messages, nor does Thunderbird on my PC, nor my company webmail client. This flaw severely limits the usability of the default EVO mail client for me in an IMAP environment.

HTC: Please fix these problems soon. You've got a great product which is being hobbled by bad software.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
These don't seem like bugs at all, these are feature requests.

If the default mail app doesn't do what you like, use K9 and be done with it. That's the power of Android, choice. Besides, the HTC Mail app really doesn't have that much integration.

grepper

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the e-mail signature problem too.

These don't seem like bugs at all, these are feature requests.

The signed e-mail one is a bug. No question about it.

The FEATURE would be actually verifying the signature.

If it just ignored the "signature" attachment, it should show the e-mail message (which is just there in plain text,) but I can not view the message at all.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Not entirely related to the OP question but related to HTC Mail in general.

I've noticed the HTC Mail app stopped syncing as set on the options menu. After soft-reset and uninstalling recent apps became apparent this was a behavior of the app itself. Erased the account (yahoo mail) and re-entered with no success.

Looking at all the settings I disabled GMail (since I don't use the stock GMail app) from the phone's main sync options menu and the HTC Mail started syncing again. Obviously this seems to be a problem with the HTC Mail app so will be sending this info to HTC as well.

Just FYI in case someone has this problem too.