Dumb address book question

nags#AC

Jun 24, 2010
www.the-nags.com
This is a dumb question, I'm sure...But I've been trying to figure out for 20 mins and have searched. When I click the 'People' app. All my contacts show up obviously. However, I see no way to search through them. Like if I want to call 'Joe'. I see no way to just type Joe. If I hold 'menu' to manually bring up the menu. As I type it just shows up in a big grey box on the screen and still doesn't search for them. Am I doing something wrong here?

nags#AC

Jun 24, 2010
www.the-nags.com
Magnifying glass button

If I go to People and then do that it brings me to the standard search screen that also searches all of Facebook and stuff.. I want to just be able to search within my contacts.. I've looked in the settings for 'Search', but Facebook isn't even there to turn off.

tadtam

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Press + in right corner; then press Folder; then press Phones to place the folder on home page...
When you open Phone Folder it will show you list you can scroll through..

nags#AC

Jun 24, 2010
www.the-nags.com
Press + in right corner; then press Folder; then press Phones to place the folder on home page...
When you open Phone Folder it will show you list you can scroll through..

Thats pretty sweet.. But it still doesn't allow me to search.. I have like 400 contacts.. I want to be able to try and call 'Jessica' and just be able to type 'Jes' and have her pop right up...

tadtam

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
OK OK Here is solution:

Press People

Press Magnifying Glass

Type Name in the Search People area

For example if you type in M it will show you people with last names and first names starting with M

Bodar

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
OK OK Here is solution:

Press People

Press Magnifying Glass

Type Name in the Search People area

For example if you type in M it will show you people with last names and first names starting with M

You can also use the number pad to type, as if you were using T9. Suggestions will show up in the top pane just as with the QWERTY keyboard.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not using facebook on my phone, so I'm not really sure, but I think that once you tie in facebook those entries become part of your contacts database. So any app that searches contacts is going to search facebook contacts, too.

1shooky

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
If I go to People and then do that it brings me to the standard search screen that also searches all of Facebook and stuff.. I want to just be able to search within my contacts.. I've looked in the settings for 'Search', but Facebook isn't even there to turn off.

Ok try this, I think its what your trying to do... Open your people, tap menu, then view. From there I unchecked Facebook for HTC Sense. That helped me get rid of alot of the facebook people out of my contacts.

nags#AC

Jun 24, 2010
www.the-nags.com
Ok try this, I think its what your trying to do... Open your people, tap menu, then view. From there I unchecked Facebook for HTC Sense. That helped me get rid of alot of the facebook people out of my contacts.

That isn't an option for me.. I only have Gooogle and Phone. With and without my Facebook account linked to the phone.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Thats pretty sweet.. But it still doesn't allow me to search.. I have like 400 contacts.. I want to be able to try and call 'Jessica' and just be able to type 'Jes' and have her pop right up...

There is an app I use called Power Search that will search your contacts, both the names and within the contact as well.

rockdawg

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
You can also use the number pad to type, as if you were using T9. Suggestions will show up in the top pane just as with the QWERTY keyboard.

This one of the coolest features IMO. I never go into contacts for a phone number anymore. I just start typing their name in the dialer.

willowoz

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
On the same point as the original question, I have no dramas bringing up and searching my cotacts. However, the "View Home Address" tab doesn't show the full address (especially for international contacts which can be a bit longer). If you click on the address to try and read it, it opens the MAP application...is there away around this so I can read the full address?
Thanks!
Willow
Australia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL