HTC Noob!!

jamesrshaffer3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
ok, a best buy finally got some in and they are saving it for me... I will have my evo at 3pm today... if everyone could chip in and help me figure out some of the first things to do with it, I would really appreciate it... maybe I guess a TOP FIVE LIST would be helpful!! I am coming from a palm pre!! so any info, app, widgets anything to make the transition easier, please let me know!!! Thanks to all!!!

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
ok, a best buy finally got some in and they are saving it for me... I will have my evo at 3pm today... if everyone could chip in and help me figure out some of the first things to do with it, I would really appreciate it... maybe I guess a TOP FIVE LIST would be helpful!! I am coming from a palm pre!! so any info, app, widgets anything to make the transition easier, please let me know!!! Thanks to all!!!

1) adjust your account + sync properties to suite you

2) adjust screen birghtness (these 2 things will make your battery last WAY longer)

3) then update your PRL and HTC firmware versions.

4) download any apps you might like

5) customize your widgets/apps on all 7 screens!

5a) ENJOY WHAT I BELIEVE IS THE BEST PHONE TO DATE!

congrats!

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Welcome to the "Kickstand Clan". Check your PM in about 2 min.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

it is a great phone just tell best buy you cant buy it from them for terminating an employee for making a cartoon
i would tell them just for grin n giggles

sho nuff

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I should have posted the same thing.
Been just playing with the screens and getting things to somewhat look like I want them too right off the bat, getting rid of the included icons for the ones I want and a few apps that I knew I wanted right away.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
DO NOT UPDATE YOUR HTC FIRMWARE!!!

Actually, you may not have a choice, it'll probably come with the latest, or update automatically on first use. But if prompted to upgrade, I'd say don't. This latest upgrade has caused worse performance for a number of people. I'd only consider upgrading if you find you have a problem the upgrade is supposed to fix.

Aside from that, spend time here and READ, READ, READ. Then play, play, play. There's a ton of info here just waiting for you to find it.

carguy4471#AC

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
1) adjust your account + sync properties to suite you

2) adjust screen birghtness (these 2 things will make your battery last WAY longer)

3) then update your PRL and HTC firmware versions.

4) download any apps you might like

5) customize your widgets/apps on all 7 screens!

5a) ENJOY WHAT I BELIEVE IS THE BEST PHONE TO DATE!

congrats!

All top notch ideas.

I'll add my $0.02. Get a great program called "setting profiles", another called spare parts. Love 'em!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol