From the Incredible to the EVO

RobbyRob

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Ummm, wow, All I can say is screen size and Qik. I can read my phone without my glasses on and being somewhere and I want to show my friends something I just mass txt everyone my qik address and share it! This phone is light years ahead of the new iPhone. Now all we need is the ability to video chat with the iPhone drones and the phone will be perfect.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, video chat with iPhone users is lacking on their side, not ours.

I hope you fare well with the 30fps cap until it gets fixed... if it does.
Well, the touch input lag will be annoying in comparison.

Glad you like the Evo.

RobbyRob

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I am in the Jacksonville area near deerwood and I work in Mayport. I have 4G about 90% of the time out in town and very strong 3G on Naval Station Mayport. So it was the 4G and the Device both that sold me.

And the 30FPS cap wont bother me that much. I'm sure once people complain enough there will be a patch to remove it. HTC is really good about giving into pressure from customers :X lol

edgemaster191

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What is with the comments regarding the 30 fps cap? I
dont notice it. I'm sure most people don't notice it. I'm curious what people are doing on their phones that they need to have say 60 fps

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

edgemaster191

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ooh ok. I guess I would have to see it to appreciate it. One of those deals? The Evo is the first "superphone" I've spent any real time with. My last phone was a Sprint palm pre

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

Super Noob

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
You'd probably have to play a 3D video game like "Modern Combat: Sandstorm" to see the difference, because I can't see any problems with the 30 fps cap.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Thats something that really doesnt bother me but I guess it bugs others...

It just bothers me that this phone has a 1ghz snapdragon, but HTC limits it by putting a cap on it.

It's noticeable when you try an Iphone, Incredible, N1, etc.
The Evo is slower in moving through homescreens, app listings, etc. infact, go to your evo, scroll through your apps... it seems smooth but near the end it jidders.

I mean, I guess it is more noticeable in games... but I just wish I could have a phone that wouldn't do this.
My old palm pre lagged through app listings... as a person who bought a 1ghz snapdragon phone, I want it to act like one.

Last edited:

soldierblue

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Sigh... again... such tests are a result of 30FPS limitation. It isn't the actual input that is lagging, but the animation of the test software. Input recognition and FPS are completely unrelated.

But, the cap exacerbates any perceived input lag.

It was one of a handful of reasons I returned it in the end. I understand that your "average" user isn't bothered by it, but more technically inclined users will be. I don't just care how well the device performs, I care how well is SEEMS to perform, too.

Last edited:

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
30 fps doesn't bother me at all n for games I have a ps3 everything else I have my EVO n love it I've seen thing like on the pre that ppl thought would never b fix n were, so I knw for a fact HTC WILL DO something!!! I saw on a page on the web that they're experiencing higher demand for the EVO than any other HTC phone so they knw that fixing the 30 fps will complete this phone n shiiiiit if not look at all the issues the iPhone is having n ppl r still buying that crap

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Zzzz.

I wish HTC fixed the 30fps cap... then people will know how much faster things will go in terms of UI.
The HTC Hero hits 50fps + when scrolling around the UI.

soldierblue

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
30 fps doesn't bother me at all n for games I have a ps3 everything else I have my EVO n love it I've seen thing like on the pre that ppl thought would never b fix n were, so I knw for a fact HTC WILL DO something!!! I saw on a page on the web that they're experiencing higher demand for the EVO than any other HTC phone so they knw that fixing the 30 fps will complete this phone n shiiiiit if not look at all the issues the iPhone is having n ppl r still buying that crap

What?

Try having 60fps then getting it taken away. Maybe then people will notice that they're getting shafted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084