Anyone buy their EVO at Walmart?

Wood11

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought my EVO back on June 6th at a Walmart near Charlotte. It was the only place that had any in stock at the time. It is version 0002 and has the screen lifting issues with the light leakage. I've been calling any Walmart that sells Sprint service in a 50 mile radius every day for about two weeks now to see if they've gotten any in stock (they don't put your name on a waiting list like some places). No Walmart has had any since that first weekend, and they have no idea when they will be expecting any. My 30 day window to exchange for a new one is just about up. I've contacted Sprint about the issue, and they said there is nothing they could do and that I have to return it to Walmart to exchange it for a new one. I have TEP and all that, but I really don't want to settle for a refurb when I just paid for a new one. All I want to do is an exchange! It's getting a little frustrating. Anyone having similar experiences or have any suggestions as to how I should go about getting a new phone? And by the way, all those that are on your 3rd or 4th EVO's...I hate you.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Read my thread that says its been fun evo, basically just says I'm returning my phone tmrw and porting my number to verizon

Wood11

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a refurb once when I had the Palm Pre. It was fine and all, but it just doesn't sit right to me to have to get a refurb a month after paying for a new one. I don't know. I may have to bite the bullet and go for the refurb. Better than having a defective phone I guess.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you with Radioshack. I just posted pretty much the same exact thing the other day. My screen is lifting too and don't wanna get stuck with a refurb. I don't mind if I get a refurb, but I don't want to get stuck with one that is scratched to hell or has scratches on the screen or camera. I paid $200+ for this phone, I should have one thats new and works. I guess I will just have to deal with it. I'm probably just gonna keep the one with the rising screen until it gets annoying and then go for a refurb one. It doesn't lift very much yet, but still I feel I deserve something problem free.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Do you REALLY think that they are handing out refurbished units when they dont even have the new stock ... on the other hand I kind of agree that the refurbished ones are looked at more strictly than the new ones simply because they are NOT coming off an assembly line ... Each phone is brought in with an issue so I assume that they are more strict to make sure that it doesn't go back out with an issue ... Just my opinion.

pjwatson104

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Radio Shack

I had an issue with my phone not accepting text messages without letting me know it wasn't accepting them. I would have to restart or hard reset my phone to get it to work. This happened multiple times. Radio Shack ordered me a new one, it was there in a week and I exchanged it for the new phone without any issues. If you are in your 30 days, tell them you want an exchange and order it.. No refurbs. As for Wal-mart, tell them you want the exchange, tell them to order it... and wait for it to come in. Otherwise, after 30 days, its a warranty issue and will be transfered at any Sprint store that does repairs/replacements. More than likely, they won't have refurbs for another month.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Bought mine at Sam's. Only place they had it in stock. I got lucky. I wasn't even expecting to see one there.

Wood11

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue with my phone not accepting text messages without letting me know it wasn't accepting them. I would have to restart or hard reset my phone to get it to work. This happened multiple times. Radio Shack ordered me a new one, it was there in a week and I exchanged it for the new phone without any issues. If you are in your 30 days, tell them you want an exchange and order it.. No refurbs. As for Wal-mart, tell them you want the exchange, tell them to order it... and wait for it to come in. Otherwise, after 30 days, its a warranty issue and will be transfered at any Sprint store that does repairs/replacements. More than likely, they won't have refurbs for another month.

So are you saying that after 30 days, if I take my my phone to a repair center and they determine that I need a new phone, I will get a new phone and not a refurb? If that's the case, I have no problem doing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis