What does someone have to do to get this phone

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know if you order online through sprint can u have them bill you for part or all of it or do you have to pay it all up front... i had the cash for it and then my car started leakin coolant so i had to replace the radiator so im hoping they can bill me for the leftover

When I ordered my Evo the full amount (299) was billed to my account directly. I am paying it in 2 chunks. I also don't have a spending limit so YMMV

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
while we are on payment questions, what kind of credit rating do you need to get the A-ok" with sprint?

That I don't know... in a nutshell I got Sprint in Jan of 99 and quickly dumped it due to poor c.s. and went to Nextel. At the time Nextel was very hard to get (most everyone had to pay 500 dollar deposit, and I paid zero) I was with Nextel through the merger and went from iDEN to CDMA of October of 08. I am still with Sprint now, never had any credit issues, never been asked to pay in advance, I've also never missed a payment since my early Nextel days ;)

If you are worried about it I would contact Sprint directly and ask them. Only they can tell you what to expect with your account and credit.

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain about the pre...all I ever did was wait for it to become a great phone but after a year the waiting and hoping got very old. Don't give up on finding an Evo...its by far the best phone ever!

ryan9102

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
When I ordered my Evo the full amount (299) was billed to my account directly. I am paying it in 2 chunks. I also don't have a spending limit so YMMV

thanks last year when i bought my pre in store the billed the full 300 on my account with no problem and im pretty sure i don't have a spending limit but i just wasn't sure if it was possible to do it online or over the phone at all

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 150 through telesales since I was not eligible for an upgrade till July 1st. I saw they had them online, called up and placed 2 orders, wife wanted one, had them waive the activAtion fee, and received them the next day. Sure I have to deal with a mir, but I have the phone NOW.

P.s. father's day my car got stuck in reverse. DOH

kyoon19

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I used to live near sprint store in Ellisvile lol. I live in San Francisco now. I ordered one on sprint.com but get it at best buy or radioshack if you can because it is much easier to return or exchange. Wirefly.com has evo in stock I think and you can use $50 bing cashback or something. It will cost less than $140 after cashback.

kyoon19

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
$189.99 less $50 BCB = $139.99 and use coupon code WIREFLYBLUE11 for free BT headset. But damn 2-3 weeks is a long time.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
thanks last year when i bought my pre in store the billed the full 300 on my account with no problem and im pretty sure i don't have a spending limit but i just wasn't sure if it was possible to do it online or over the phone at all

When you order it online it will automatically default to bill to your account. You can change the payment method towards the end before you checkout if you want :cool:

And if you were able to bill the Pre to your account last year, I'm sure you will have no issues doing the same with the Evo. You'd know if you have a spending limit. You can only bill upto 150 on your account, and you have to pay an additional 5 dollar fee a month on your bill (i think it's 5 dollars)

ordcavms

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I was lucky and flew back home and on the way back from the airport made a few calls. A BB in my area had one so i went straight there to get it. When i was there another guy was talking to the girl and and mentioned how thry had over 50 in his store, but all people wanted was a new iPhone. The BB i went to was in Addisson, IL, i think i have her card, i could call and see if what store that guy worked at, let me know if interested.

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
i was on a sprint waitlist for 2 weeks with no end in sight. finally i saw best buy had some stock online so i canceled my order at the sprint store and ordered it online from best buy and had it at my door two days later.

my advice would be to just keep checking sprint.com and bestbuy.com. keep them in your favorites and check them a couple of times a day. ive been doing that cause my brother is looking for one and ive seen two or three little windows to order your evo (for whatever reason my brother could not puchase it at those specific times though).

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Just check at a Walmart store. I got mine at Walmart 2 days after the Evo launched even though every Best Buy and Radio Shack within my region was sold out. (I will not buy phones from Sprint Stores because I hate dealing with the rebate stuff and have never had a good experience dealing with Sprint Store employees)

People who thirst for smartphones like us just don't really put WalMart into the equation when we're on the hunt. My WalMart had 12 in stock 2 days after launch.

rjbphotos

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
OMG this is a wonderful day so I'm at work and it's almost quitting time when I get a phone call I did not recognize the number so I let it go to voice mail then check the message it was from Best Buy the only one that when I called them the on he 1st offered to take my name and put it on there waiting list well I had forgot about that and really did not expect that they actually took my name but they called me to tell me they have EVO's in stock and wanted to set up an appointment so i set it up for when i got off work and rushed out to get my EVO.

So now I am the very happy owner of one of the best phones out there and proud to be a full fledged member of the Android community of course that means I am most likely going to asking a lot of questions or searching the forums for the answers myself but I'm going to be busy the next few days setting up and customizing my new phone.

G bot

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Once I was on a BB waiting list... in fact it was for the Palm Pre last year. In fact, I still have *not* gotten my call saying the Pre was ready for me to pick up. :mad: lol

I actually went in on Friday 6/11 after work and the BB girl at the mobile center said they tried calling me but I didn't answer, so they ended up giving it to a paid pre-order who came in. I got a bit annoyed because my blackberry would SOS everywhere and if callers don't leave a voicemail I would never know of the call. I told em to please leave a voicemail message.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I keep hearing all of these stories and thinking that I must have gotten lucky TWICE.

After seeing the stores in my area with lines on the morning of 6/4, I decided to just order the phone online and see how long it would take. I placed my order 6/5 on the website and was shocked when I got an immediate email saying the phone would arrive on monday (6/7).

After using it for a couple of days my wife decided she wanted one. I placed the order Wednesday night (6/9) and read that the phone had been sold out.

I was again shocked to get an email saying the phone would arrive the next day. Sure enough the new phone arrived Fed Ex that morning (6/10).

Apparently I was just very lucky to place orders just as phones became available.

Now for the July Sprint bill. Which should be a shock of a different kind. Still we both love the phones and wouldn't go back to our BB Curves if they gave us the service for a year free.
--
Sent from my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Had mine from day one and my wife wanted one my local sprint store who knew me told me it will be a week our two before they get any. Went to my local bb and mgr told me they will have a couple coming in on thurs. He called me on fri. And I picked it up
Fred

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm