Text messages out of order?

nags#AC

Jun 24, 2010
www.the-nags.com
Anyone else experience this? I'll get a text from someone... Reply immediatley. Then their reply to mine will come 3 minutes later.. Yet be above my last text. This happens to me quite often and with more than one contact

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It's a Sprint issue, not an Evo issue. I'm not a real big texter but my kids have complained about this many times, and they've never had Evos (or any other smart phone).

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I never had this problem with sprint before my Evo

Happened to me on and off with my Hero and on and off with my EVO. My iPhone did it now and again too.... It's probably a network issue reading the wrong times.. If you see the time stamp for some messages will be off by an hour or three.... then all other messages will show as coming before that one..

Even my Nexus One on T-Mobile did it a few times here and there....

Jim_Phone

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I started receiving text messages with times stamped four hours ahead from a few friends this weekend while I was visiting my parents. I surmised that perhaps it happened because I had traveled from the Fort Lauderdale area to the west coast of Florida. I had previously installed Handcent SMS as well and wondered if that may have had something to do with it as well. No idea if either of these things were connected, but hopefully this will not happen anymore in the default Android Messaging app now that I am back home again. It is really annoying to have my threaded text messages listed out of order.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
This happens when you are roaming. If you turn the roaming off, the issue will stop. I did this with my Hero and now with my EVO. Of course, you won't have service sometimes, but you can pick your poison.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
This happens when you are roaming. If you turn the roaming off, the issue will stop. I did this with my Hero and now with my EVO. Of course, you won't have service sometimes, but you can pick your poison.

Same here... only time mine screws up is when I am roaming. The messages that are sent to me will show a time stamp of 5 or 6 hours ahead. My Evo does this, my Pre did this, my v950 did this... really annoying.