HELP PLEASE: EVO 4G Reboot Loop, Different from others (I understand the basics)

SenseiDaDuelist

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm new here.
I don't even remember how this EVO Started looping, but it was NOT rooted (To my knowledge and right now it's S-ON)
I can access HBOOT but thats it/
I've looked through tons of threads and have tried the following:
Like 5 different PC36IMG.zip files (one directly from a AMON RA post directly) with these it says that error message like(might not be exact):
SD Checking
Loading PC36DIAG.zip
No Image!
Loading PC36DIAG.mbh
No Image!
Loading PC36IMG.zip

Then it goes to another page just saying
Checking PC36IMG.zip

and then goes to the normal HBOOT window, no ask to install or nothing and I've formatted the cards various times, got another card, same thing formatted it, no luck.

I also got 3 versions of the RUU: RUU_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.67.651.3_Radio_2.15.00.12.19_NV_2.33_release_234563_signed.exe
RUU_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.54.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.0808_NV_2.15_release_220182_signed.exe
RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.exe

It will pick up the phone and always just stick at the part where it reboots the phone to the black background and silver HTC logo (Its not too far in, I don't think)

I even downloaded AndroidFlasher and tried to flash the files from PCIMG36.zip (or whatever it was, I was using a guide) and that also failed.
My info for the phone is:
Supersonic EVT2-3 Ship S-ON
HBOOT-2.16.0001
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.00.0808
Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15

PLEASE HELP ME :crying::crying::crying:
If you know ANYTHING please post ASAP, I'll be constantly checking the thread.

Last edited:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm new here.
I don't even remember how this EVO Started looping, but it was NOT rooted (To my knowledge and right now it's S-ON)
I can access HBOOT but thats it/
I've looked through tons of threads and have tried the following:
Like 5 different PC36IMG.zip files (one directly from a AMON RA post directly) with these it says that error message like(might not be exact):
SD Checking
Loading PC36DIAG.zip
No Image!
Loading PC36DIAG.mbh
No Image!
Loading PC36IMG.zip

Then it goes to another page just saying
Loading PC36IMG.zip

and then goes to the normal HBOOT window, no ask to install or nothing and I've formatted the cards various times, got another card, same thing formatted it, no luck.

I also got 3 versions of the RUU: RUU_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.67.651.3_Radio_2.15.00.12.19_NV_2.33_release_234563_signed.exe
RUU_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.54.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.0808_NV_2.15_release_220182_signed.exe
RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.exe

It will pick up the phone and always just stick at the part where it reboots the phone to the black background and silver HTC logo (Its not too far in, I don't think)

I even downloaded AndroidFlasher and tried to flash the files from PCIMG36.zip (or whatever it was, I was using a guide) and that also failed.
My info for the phone is:
Supersonic EVT2-3 Ship S-ON
HBOOT-2.16.0001
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.00.0808
Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15

PLEASE HELP ME :crying::crying::crying:
If you know ANYTHING please post ASAP, I'll be constantly checking the thread.

Yeah, PCIMG36.zip is usually just scripts for updating the attennas, HBOOT, or for a total upgrade as far as I'm aware of. And you say it gets stuck...an RUU takes about 10 minutes+ to complete. And the RUU displays what kind of errors?

SenseiDaDuelist

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
So I got the phone to boot by putting it and the batter in the freezer. I now remember reading other people doing this, and my battery did used to overheat. So I rooted it while it was in the freezer (lol) to see what I can accomplish, but it still loops once the battery warms up or becomes room temperature. I think it's a hardware issue :( thanks. If you have any other ideas lmk.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
So I got the phone to boot by putting it and the batter in the freezer. I now remember reading other people doing this, and my battery did used to overheat. So I rooted it while it was in the freezer (lol) to see what I can accomplish, but it still loops once the battery warms up or becomes room temperature. I think it's a hardware issue :( thanks. If you have any other ideas lmk.

Putting the phone in the freezer is dangerous. The battery in the freezer for a few minutes is fine but the phone? No. You could really damage your device.

Anyways, the battery should only be put in the freezer if it is completely dead as a last resort. Also, the freezer won't help with boot loops.

SenseiDaDuelist

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I rooted the phone with revolution, but it was still bootlooping. After rooting the phone it finally booted PC36IMG and installed it, but the phone seemed no different afterwards and still displayed revolution at the top of hboot. Now it won't charge or boot (I think the battery is dead :/ )

Also the phone did boot after it and its battery were in the freezer, the phone would only boot successfully then and mostly only stayed on while it was cold.

Last edited:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I rooted the phone with revolution, but it was still bootlooping. After rooting the phone it finally booted PC36IMG and installed it, but the phone seemed no different afterwards and still displayed revolution at the top of hboot. Now it won't charge or boot (I think the battery is dead :/ )

Also the phone did boot after it and its battery were in the freezer, the phone would only boot successfully then and mostly only stayed on while it was cold.

Nope, I now think you've successfully perma-bricked your EVO. I hear about so many people having issues with REVOlution and yet, when I suggest a safe one that I have confirmed worked, no one uses it. But the fact that it won't charge or boot... that's due to flashing the wrong zip file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech